Almost three months after it was launched, it appears that Motorola Australia are finally gearing up to launch their all new 4G LTE enabled version of the Moto E in Australia.
The Motorola Australia website is now showing the new Moto E on their Australian website, offering promotional material, including features and specs. The new Moto E offers a slightly larger screen, updated processor, more storage, as well as a long requested front-facing camera and of course 4G LTE connectivity.
Motorola Moto E Specifications:
- 4.5″ qHD 540×960 (245ppi) IPS Display with Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 and Anti-smudge coating
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 410 processor with 1.2 GHz quad-core CPU, Adreno 306 with 400 MHz GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB Storage
- 5 MP Rear Camera with f/ 2.2 aperture and VGA Front-facing camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with AGPS+GLONASS
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800MHz
- UMTS/HSPA+: 850/900/1900/2100MHz
- 4G LTE (FDD): 1800/2600/2100/700MHz
- 2390 mAh battery
- Android™ 5.0 Lollipop
- 129.9×66.8×5.2-12.3mm @ 145 grams
Though Motorola have listed the 700MHz band, there’s so far no clarification on whether it will be compatible with the Band 28 700MHz network currently being rolled out across Australia by Telstra and Optus – but rest assured we’ll clarify with Motorola this week.
The handset will launch with Android 5.0, though we’ve seen an update to Android 5.1 for the 2nd Generation Moto E being tested on handsets in India this week, so by the time we get the handset in-store we could be getting an update straight out of the box.
So far there’s no sign of the handset on any of the websites of current Australia retailers who carry Motorola handsets, but with an entry on the Motorola Australia website, we expect an official launch to come along shortly.
Are you looking forward to the new Moto E?