Optus has dropped the price of the Alcatel POP S3 on its pre-paid service to $49, meaning it is now the cheapest 4G+ mobile phone available through the telco.
The Alcatel POP S3, which originally came to Optus Pre-Paid in June last year became one of the first 700MHz compatible mobile phone available through its pre-paid service.
In regards to specs, the Alcatel POP S3 does offer some really good, decent specs for a budget mobile phone. In case you have forgotten, the full list of specs include:
- 4″ TFT capacitive touchscreen (480 x 800)
- 1.2 GHz Quad-core CPU
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB storage, expandable to 32GB via MicroSD Card
- 5 MP rear camera, VGA front facing
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
- 2G: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G: 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G: Bands 1/3/7/8 and APT 700 MHz
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
- 2000 mAh Li-Ion battery
- 123 x 64.4 x 9.85 mm @ 130g
Sadly, though the Alcatel POP S3 doesn’t come with the Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and may not see any upgrades to Lollipop but this is countered by the ability to utilise Optus’ 700MHz spectrum.
Of course, the other selling point is that the mobile phone also qualifies for 3-months of Netflix from Optus, which is available when you purchase and activate any prepaid device. For more information you can see optus.com.au/netflix and netflix.com/termofuse.