Google’s brand new Photos app has just launched in Google Play. The app is linked from the photos.google.com site which isn’t live as yet, with users advised to check out the iOS and Android apps and ‘check again soon’.
The app offers the cool new UI, with all the new features announced this morning. If you’ve just installed the Android M preview on your device, you will find that the Photos app is not the new version and you’ll need to update.
Features in the app include :
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things that appear in your photos. Looking for that fish taco you ate in Hawaii? Just search “Hawaii” or “food” to find it even if it doesn’t have a description. Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
• AUTO BACKUP: Keep all your photos and videos safe and accessible from any device. Choose free, unlimited cloud storage available at high quality, or store up to 15GB original size for free (shared across your Google account).
• SAVE SPACE ON YOUR DEVICE: Google Photos can help you clear safely backed up photos and videos from your device so you never have to worry about deleting a photo to make space.
• BRING PHOTOS TO LIFE: Automatically create montage movies, interactive stories, collages, animations, and more.
• EDITING: Transform photos with the tap of a finger. Use simple, yet powerful, photo and video editing tools to apply filters, adjust colors, and more.
• SHARING: Share hundreds of photos instantly with shareable links and use whichever apps you’d like to share.
If you’re looking to check it out, head over to Google Play and install the app and see what you think.
The web version of Google Photos is now live for you to check out as well. You can head to photos.google.com to check out what all the fuss is about.