, , and

Galaxy S5 - Made for Australia
Samsung’s 2014 flagship, the Galaxy S5 is finally receiving the Lollipop update across the entire carrier branded range, with Optus, Vodafone and Telstra customers all reporting OTA updates being pushed to the handsets.

The Android 5.0.2 update which is being received was confirmed by Telstra late last month, but we’ve been receiving reports from Optus and Vodafone users today which confirms it’s all carrier branded handsets. If you have a Galaxy S5 and want to check for a software update, simply go to Settings > About Phone > System updates > Check for Updates.

The Galaxy S5 Lollipop update brings Material Design goodness, with improved notifications, as well as better security which includes Smart Lock and device encryption.

Samsung hasn’t advised if the unbranded Galaxy S5 is also receiving the update, but we’ve asked for an update on this.

Source: VodafoneOptusTelstra.
phantomsofthedesert
phantomsofthedesert

the update mentions nothing about 5.0.2. Android version 5.0 is what’s listed. about 450Mb downloaded it this morning. so far haven’t noticed any thing different. maybe just security updates

Paul
Paul

We received the 5.0 update for an optus GS5 along with a non carrier Australian GS5. The only problem encountered was mine got caught in a reboot loop. Ended up taking it to the Samsung Experience Store and they reloaded the update and performed a factory reset. Working beautifully now.

Peter Verwey
Peter Verwey

Have received 5.0 on my Telstra S5. Had to ensure I had at least 3GB free phone storage, so had to remove a lot of files and uninstall a lot of apps. 16GB phone memory just doesn’t cut it anymore. Minimum 64GB with 128 or 256 should be possible, particularly when SD cards are not offered.

Kristy D Kassulke
Kristy D Kassulke

This is the best post I’ve ever read, have been waiting for this update for oh so long!! Thank you! It’s updating right now 😀 😀

GD
GD

My S5 doesn’t have Settings > About Phone > System updates > Check for Updates., instead it has
Settings>About Device>Software updates>Update Now. Is this the same thing? It doesn’t mention System Updates. The phone is an SM-G900F. It’s showing Android Version 5.0.

Newcastle Guardian
Newcastle Guardian
Reply to  GD

Same thing GD

GD
GD
Reply to  Newcastle Guardian

Thanks!

Henry
Henry

I’ve received 5.0 not 5.02 Lollipop on my unlocked (SM-G900I) Galaxy S5 (Australian Version). I downloaded it and it works great so far!