Popular automation site IFTTT has updated their four apps in Google Play to version 2.0, adding new functions and features, and as a bonus they’ve announced they’ve added two factor authentication (2FA) to their mobile apps and website allowing you to add an extra layer of security to your recipes.
The Two-Step verification has to be enabled from your settings on the web and you’re given two choices for your verification code to be delivered either through text message or through a number of authentication apps including Google Authenticator, Authy and Duo Mobile.
In terms of features all three ‘Do’ apps include unlimited DO recipes, but they’ve also added individual features to each app. Do Camera now also includes :
- Draw, write, or add emoji on any photo
- Introducing B&W, Retro, and Bright camera filters
- New Channels: Trello, Weebly, and more
Do Button includes:
- Widgets now have Recipe names
- New Floating Buttons keep DO at your fingertips
Do Note includes:
- New widget for lightning fast notes
- New Channels: Trello, Weebly, popSLATE
Their ever popular ‘IF’ app has also received updates including:
- Introducing the Android Battery Channel with new Android Device triggers and actions
- Recommendations in your feed, tailored just for you
- Optional two factor verification security available via ifttt.com
- New Channels: Android Battery, Trello, Weebly, and more
If you want an extra layer of security for your IFTTT recipes – and really, why wouldn’t you want 2FA on everything? – then head over to IFTTT and enable it in your settings. If you’re after some new functionality, make sure you update your apps in Google Play now.