Makers of fine headphones, Plantronics have released a new set of over ear headphones the BackBeat SENSE, wireless stereo headphones.
If you’re an audiophile, or a fan of quality audio equipment, chances are you’ve owned some Plantronics gear in the past. The BackBeat SENSE is joining other Plantronics wireless products like the BackBeat Pro and the BackBeat Fit . With this new release, Plantronics is hoping to entice consumers with some exciting wireless and portable features.
The Plantronics BackBeat SENSE Wireless Stereo Headphones carry some impressive specs for the music listener, with an 18 hour battery life on a single charge, the headphones are fairly light weighing in at a mere 190 grams which Plantronics points out is 50% less than other on-ear bluetooth headphones.
The headphones can be used for taking calls as well with a dual mic setup and has sensors which will pause your music when a call comes in. The smarts continue on the BackBeat SENSE with an intelligent Bluetooth pairing system which will allow you to connect two devices simultaneously and switch seamlessly between.
The headphones are designed for all day use, with the headband evenly distributing weight across the headphones for all day comfort. The patented headband design, will allow 99% of the population to wear them with no issues.
Susan Hansen, VP Sales & Marketing, Asia Pacific & Middle East for Plantronics, said of the BackBeat SENSE:
“With BackBeat SENSE, we’re bringing a new breed of headphones to the market that are equipped with intuitive sensor technology to help make the most of today’s always-on, content-rich, music-first reality.”
- Signature Plantronics audio and dynamic drivers create the optimal balance of rich bass, crisp highs, and natural mid tones to let you enjoy your music to the full, and hear every detail in your media.
- Advanced Class 1 Bluetooth lets you control up to two connected smartphones or tablets from up to 330ft/100m2away—the length of a football field.
- Dual mics enable HD Voice communication for clear calls or interactions with voice applications such as Siri, Google Now, Cortana and Skype.
- OpenMic technology for those times when you’ll occasionally need to hear the outside world. With OpenMic, you can do so with the touch of a button, and without missing a beat.
- Fold-flat earcups makes BackBeat SENSE easy to transport and store, and the headphones include a durable pouch with a handy pocket for charging and audio cables.
The BackBeat SENSE wireless headphones will be available in two styles — Black/Espresso and White/Tan —in Australia from the 1st of September from a range of retailers and telco stores from $249.
We are hoping to grab a pair of the Backbeat SENSE headphones for review, so stay tuned.