Google has pushed into Europe with their latest Android One handset launching in Spain and Portugal with the Aquarius A4.5 from BQ. They made the announcement via the Google Spain Twitter account:
— Google España (@GoogleES) September 17, 2015
The latest push comes on the back of their recent release into Africa just a few weeks ago. The Aquarius A4.5 is a fairly standard Android One handset with a 4.5”, Mediatek processor, 1GB RAM, and 16GB storage. The phone is made of a polycarbonate material with a finish that’s UV and fingerprint resistant.
The full specs include :
- 4. 5“ QHD (540 x 960) resolution IPS Multitouch display with 244.77 ppi and Dragonglass
- MediaTek MT6735M A53 Quad Core Cortex to 1 GHz with Mali T720-MP1 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB Storage with 10.5GB user accessible and MicroSD ™ slot up to 64 GB
- Rear Camera
- 8MP (dual flash and autofocus)
- Opening ƒ / 2.0
- sensor size 1 / 3.2″
- Focusing range 0.1m ~ infinite
- number of lenses 5P
- Video Resolution< HD (720p)
- 5 Megapixel (flash)
- Opening ƒ / 2.0
- lens 4P Number
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Brightness sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, eCompass, Gyroscope, Hall Sensor
- Notification LED, Dolby® technology, Double tap, 2 Microphones (noise canceller)
- OTG micro-USB slot, TRRS headphone jack 3.5 mm (CTIA)
- Radios: (MicroSIM)
- 3G HSPA + (900/2100)
- 4G (LTE) FDD (800/1800/2100/2600)
- Lollipop Android 5.1.1 with updates guaranteed for 24 months from product launch.
- 2470 mAh LiPo Battery
- 131.77 x 63.48 x 8.75 mm @ 115grams
At € 169.90 (around $267AUD) the BQ Aquarius A4.5 is a fairly expensive example of the Android One program, which was introduced to bring affordable handsets into ‘emerging markets’. BQ has also made a range of accessories for the Aquarius A4.5 available, including screen protectors, cases and an additional charger.
The phone is available from a wide range of retailers including English Court, Worten, Carrefour, Fnac, MediaMrkt, Beep, pc-box, PC-Coste, Canal PC, PhoneHouse, Mundo PDA, Hola Mobi, Talko and Game. If you’re heading over to Spain or Portugal, then maybe check this out while you’re there.