Telstra has added a new mobile device to its line up with its own branded tablet called the Telstra Essentials-Tab. The Essentials tablet is a pretty basic 3G-only mobile device, and its main selling point here is of course its budget price of just $99.
The full list of specs include:
- 7″ TFT LCD Display (1024 x 600)
- 1.3 GHz Dual-Core Processor
- RAM is unknown and not disclosed
- 3GB storage, expandable to 32GB via microSD
- 2MP rear facing camera, VGA front facing
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz), Bluetooth
- Network Connectivity:
- 3G: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
- Dimensions: 189 × 9.25 × 111mm @ 270 grams
It is a little disappointing the tablet is running Android 4.4 (KitKat) given that it is a new mobile device and in all honesty would have been a little bit better if it ran Android 5.0 (Lollipop) which has become standard for all new mobile devices.
Also, it is worth noting that such an update to Android 5.0 or 6.0 might not be a possibility but the main selling point here is the price it has been set at and of course, the network coverage of Telstra’s 3G/Next G network.
You can head over to the Telstra website or your local Telstra store to check out the Telstra Essentials-Tab which is available for a rock bottom price of $99 with 3GB of data included plus for a limited time you will get an additional 3GB of data plus a bonus 3 month Mobile Foxtel trial (normally worth about up to $15 per month).