google store

It seems as if it was only last week that Google announced the Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P in San Francisco, and even more recent that pre-orders opened in Australia, but that’s not quite the case. The Google Store started taking pre-orders for these handsets just before noon on Monday last week, and in that time, it’s likely that countless orders have been placed for the new handset.

Sadly, though, it seems that very few of those orders have actually shipped. We’ve been inundated with feedback on our site and via social media with reports that people are desperately waiting for their handsets to ship, even though customers who’ve only decided to buy in the last day or two are walking into carrier stores, as well as Harvey Norman and JB Hi-Fi stores and walking out with brand-new Nexus handsets.

Many who pre-ordered on the first day are growing increasingly upset with Google’s apparently delay in shipping the devices. Some of the comments we’ve seen include:

• “What’s wrong with Google? My device still hasn’t been shipped, and retailers already sell it. Really hate Google.”
  • “No update yet on mine from Google Play – 64GB graphite. πŸ™ Yet you can go into JB Hi-Fi and purchase it from today … “
  • “I really hope they have shipped it by now, it just hasn’t updated on the site.Β All seriousness though, Google should have shipped this stuff a week ago so we got them on time. When it comes to this stuff, Google is actually pathetic.”

It’s not just the Ausdroid readers who are getting upset. Noted Australian Android developer Chris Lacy has taken to Twitter to express his displeasure:

Unlike years past when pre-order customers were amongst the first to receive their new Nexus handsets, it seems this year that pre-ordering really wasn’t the best way to get hands on with a new Nexus. All the major carriers – Telstra, Optus (incl. Virgin Mobile) and Vodafone – are selling handsets, today, in stores, as are JB Hi-Fi and Harvey Norman — we’re receiving reports from satisfied new Nexus owners every hour via social media and through comments on our site.

While very few users are reporting that their new Nexuses have shipped from Google, most are still showing as order processing … no signs of movement towards getting their phones shipped and delivered.Β Why, Google, aren’t you shipping phones to your most dedicated (pre-order) customers earlier than this?

We’ve written to Google to ask what’s going on in the supply chain leading to these delays, and we’ll let you know what we hear back.

Ross Fawcett
Ross Fawcett

Oh joy, finally get a shipping notification and HN/JB have just dropped the price in store by $50. So not only do I get screwed on delivery because I pre-ordered, I get screwed on price too. Good work Google! Congrats on ensuring I never buy a device through the play store again.

Mohaymen
Mohaymen

I just spent around 45 minutes over the phone. Basically the lady from google directly said she can’t help me, A. She is unable to give me any shipping date. B. She is unable to cancel my order because it’s processing. C. Google is holding my $1022 AUD and I cant go to a local store and buy the device. Is their any official channel to complain about this issue? I don’t think google or any other company has right to do this, at least not in Australia. Since it hasn’t been shipped I have right to cancel my order… Read more Β»

Reply to  Mohaymen

Something that might make you feel better. I purchased the 6p and 5x at the same time (different transactions) I got the 6p delivery confirmation 2 days ago, I got nothing for the 5x. I called Google got the same result as you she had no idea. Finally today I got my shipping conformation. When I checked where it was, it’s exactly where the 6p is, in fact they left at the same time. So your phone could very possibly be on a plane right now. It looks like it’s just taking the website a long time to update. Fyi,… Read more Β»

toast
toast

The dog nearly scared the delivery guy away… but, yay!

Wertay2
Wertay2

Mine was delivered today (Brisbane, QLD). Though I was showering when it was delivered and guess who has to wait till tomorrow for re-delivery :((((((((((( Pre-ordered it the day after release on the google store

Reply to  Wertay2

just delivered? unbelievable, I even’t didn’t receive the confirmation email about shipped. BTW, I also ordered just Google open that.

Wertay2
Wertay2
Reply to  TT

Yeah oddly enough I was up till 4am last night with the TOLL package tracking page showing nothing at all, yet by 10am I checked, said it had been delivered along with 4 other entries detailing it’s journey and I walked outside with the “we missed you note” left behind. Seems the package tracking page isn’t very reliable ’cause I doubt it got from Singapore to my house within 5 hours haha. I got a shipping confirmation email a few days ago though.

Jay Greenberg
Jay Greenberg

Anyone else have GST charged of $166.50 on their $999.00 Nexus 6P purchase from the Google Store? I thought this very strange.

Chris
Reply to  Jay Greenberg

That’s a very unusual amount.

Reply to  Jay Greenberg

Why are you even getting charged for GST?

Ross Fawcett
Ross Fawcett

Still nothing, mine is processing still. I’ve spoken to their helpdesk twice now and both were completely useless. Advising it will ship and meet their target date, that I can’t cancel as it’s processing for shipping, but cant tell me what is going on. What a complete joke. Never again.

Mohaymen
Mohaymen
Reply to  Ross Fawcett

Same here.

Ross Fawcett
Ross Fawcett
Reply to  Mohaymen

I’ve logged yet another ticket asking for an update and advising that if they can’t provide one by close of business I will seek to cancel the credit card transaction.

Reply to  Ross Fawcett

So did they charge your credit card? They didn’t charge me and I haven’t received any emails about shipped. I called them and they said already shipped. My friend ordered after me and already got the emails.

Ross Fawcett
Ross Fawcett
Reply to  TT

I at one point had two authorizations on my credit card, one has dropped off since. But yer I’ve not had any email communication about it at all. Nothing to say what is going on other than my harassing them.

Ben Evans
Ben Evans

My Toll info just updated. It has left Honk Kong and is in transit. The F5 button on my keyboard is getting worn out!

Daniel
Daniel
Reply to  Ben Evans

Me too. Hopeful it will arrive by Friday. Still no tracking info for my cover though.

John Batman
John Batman
Reply to  Ben Evans

So jealous! I preordered mine from HN and I kept asking a dude standing at the online order pick-up counter once everyday since Monday. He’s clearly getting annoyed!

Edgar Luzardo
Edgar Luzardo

64gb 6p Aluminium. Got my shipping confirmation email today at 12:17pm. I ordered on Oct 30. No tracking just yet but it’s finally on its way πŸ™‚

Sol
Sol

Received my shipping confirmation at 3am in the morning, Sydney time. No tracking info yet but have registered my email with TOLL for when the data becomes available.

Interesting side note. I have NO transactions pending on my credit card at all. On November 2nd, I had TWO (like many people here seem to) for the amount of the 64gb graphite. Now, there are NO pending transactions yet my device has shipped according to Google. No charges on my card at all…

Ang Deng Seng

Received my new nexus 6p from virgin, awesome so far!!!

Domy74
Domy74

64GB 6P Aluminium – I Got the Shipping notification 12:30am today (Ordered 26th Oct) Like the other guys were saying the tracking can take 24hrs so no info about that aspect yet.

Alex Milev

I was advised by a google rep that the phone ships within Australia and it is being shipped by Auspost. This doesn’t seem right..Still waiting for shipment confirmation on 64gb graphite…

Reply to  Alex Milev

Yeah, I ordered the same model as you but still haven’t received confirmation email.

Pumpino
Pumpino
Reply to  Alex Milev

Could they have meant that Auspost simply takes over once Toll sends it to Australia? Toll is definitely the initial courier. I recall someone here claiming that the phones are being sent from Singapore. If Google has sent stock to retailers here, it would make sense that stock is already here.

Reply to  Alex Milev

Yup, ships from:
“Google Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.8 Marina View, Asia Square 1 #30-01
018960
Singapore”

freshj1ve

I got my shipping confirmation overnight at 3:57 AM for a 64GB Graphite.

Jonnywalked
Jonnywalked
Reply to  freshj1ve

do you have any info on your tracking info yet?

Reply to  Jonnywalked

Nah not yet, the email does say it may take up to 24 hours to come through though. Also I just got normal shipping, not priority.

Jonnywalked
Jonnywalked
Reply to  freshj1ve

yer i wish now that i got express shipping. im in Adelaide all the couriers are super slack

Reply to  Jonnywalked

Not sure if it’s worth the extra $17 bucks to be honest, you might get the phone maybe a day or two quicker than normal.. maybe for some it’s worth it. πŸ™‚

Reply to  freshj1ve

You are so lucky man. I ordered the same model as you. But nothing received.

Reply to  TT

How long after the phone was available did you order? I ordered like approx 30 minutes after the phone went live. What’s the status of your order, looks like Google might be delayed sending out the Shipping notification emails? If you’re wondering what’s going on probably best to contact Google..

Reply to  freshj1ve

I think I ordered it just Google opened and once I finished the order Ausdroid just announced. Also my friend ordered after me about 2 hours and got shipped emails 2 hour ago. I am wondering did they process it in reverse order?

I received the first receipt email on Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 11:23 AM. How about you? My order status is still Processing.

Reply to  TT

Doesn’t make much sense does it. Looks like you ordered before me then, as I got my confirmation email at 12:06 PM on the 26th. I would contact Google if I was you, to see what’s going on.. it’s all very strange mate.

TT

Why I haven’t received my confirmation email about shipping? I ordered it even before ausdroid announced on the website. Why why why? I am tired of waiting.

fitnesspro22
fitnesspro22

I got e mail from Google on Oct 29 that the 64 aluminum/silver opened and immediately placed my order. Google advised that I may receive the phone about October 20, 1015. On Oct 2 Google shipped the device via FedEx. Today, Oct 3, tracked the package and confirmed delivery on Oct. 5, 2015. I am in Florida, US. Total time is one week. Cannot ask for better service. I have N5 and N7 and have been a Google customer for three years now. I wish other companies have Google’s high quality of customer service. Now, I am ordering a new protective case and screen shields.

Jono
Jono

64GB Graphite got my shipping confirmation this morning approx 6.30am. There was a tracking number included but still no information available on the consignment on. Being delivered via Toll Express to Sydney CBD hopefully it’s in my hands before the weekend.

Pumpino
Pumpino

7am Wed and my order still hasnt shipped. I ordered within one minute of it going live. Do I assume it has been shipped and the website not being updated? It’s being delivered to my work address, so if I buy elsewhere, I’d need reception to reject the delivery. I’m not sure I can trust them to do that! I guess I could just return it within 14 days. Screw you Google!

Reply to  Pumpino

Ha-ha I’m in the same boat

Pumpino
Pumpino
Reply to  Pumpino

Google must have read my rant. Mine has just shipped…

fitnesspro22
fitnesspro22
Reply to  Pumpino

No, it did not. You are just an impatient big kid, like the rest of us. Lol. Good luck with your new, splendid Nexus.

Reply to  Pumpino

urghhhhhhh, I’m still waiting

Adrian G
Adrian G

Gees people get a grip. Talk about first world problems. Next time you feel the need to whinge about being fortune enough to afford a 900-1100 phone, just think of those who have far less. Yes, I am waiting too.

fitnesspro22
fitnesspro22
Reply to  Adrian G

Yes, I have been thinking about the less fortunate ever since my last divorce. Lol but it is true

AK Yusuf
AK Yusuf

I order the nexus 6p 64GB (frost) on Sep-29.2015 around 2pm ET here in the US and I’m still waiting the confirmation e-mail from google. If I don’t receive it by Nov-5th I’ll have to cancel the order and buy it from eBay with next day shipping. What google is doing with what they called pre order is un acceptable.

Mohaymen
Mohaymen

This is just BS!!!! I am so angry right now! Freakn Google is charging so much extra money from Australian nexus buyers and they cant even properly complete an order??? We ordered on day one and it’s still processing, when people already got their handsets from local retailers. I called Google multiple times and their customer service team is useless garbage. They don’t have any clue about what’s going on. I don’t understand why are they charging more in Australia. Seriously someone from regulatory boards should start investigating. They dont have any marketing or advertising cost, no local distribution cost,… Read more Β»

Mohaymen
Mohaymen
Reply to  Mohaymen

I even paid AU$23 for priority shipping! For what? I can just go to JB HiFi and pick one up! Now Google is holding my money and the order is processing. I cant even cancel my order now!!!

Nguyen Tan Khoa
Nguyen Tan Khoa
Reply to  Mohaymen

me too bro, I am excited with nexus 6p but now i am exhausted instead πŸ™

Christopher
Christopher

So has anyone with a 64gb 6p in aluminium got a shipping confirmation yet? This is ridiculous.

Reply to  Christopher

no no no, Google smart all of us.

fitnesspro22
fitnesspro22
Reply to  Christopher

Yes. Pretty fast. Look up my comment above.

Mark Stead
Mark Stead

They switched my order to Processing, as if to stop me buying from JB. Obviously they don’t plan to ship today.

Nguyen Tan Khoa
Nguyen Tan Khoa

I ordered Nexus 6p alu 64gb just 1 hour after they are on gg store and now my status is pending (not even processing), I called google several time but I was hopeless. Should I cancel my order and buy at JB hifi instead guys?

Anthony Smith
Anthony Smith
Reply to  Nguyen Tan Khoa

Yes, definitely.

Adrian
Adrian

When it says coming soon for the 128gb 6p’s have they given any sort of indication how soon that is likely to be? I’m sorely tempted to go with the 64gb version which is apparently available.

Dean Jones
Dean Jones
Reply to  Adrian

I’m waiting too but as far as I know there’s no info at all of an ETA.

Adrian
Adrian
Reply to  Dean Jones

I think I’m about ready to just go and order the 64gb version – perhaps – probably – before I go to bed in all likelihood.

Dean Jones
Dean Jones
Reply to  Adrian

Yeah I’m going to hang out a little longer. Patience is running very thin though.

Adrian
Adrian
Reply to  Dean Jones

I’ve thought about it. I don’t want to wait – even for Google. I’ve moved my money around and I plan on getting one from JB HiFi tomorrow. I can live with silver, it’ll be in a wrap around case and 64gb will allow me to store an even larger collection of Britcoms to play in pocketcasts than I have on my S3. πŸ™‚

Dean Jones
Dean Jones
Reply to  Adrian

You still have an S3 too? Haha I feel your pain! Will make the upgrade even sweeter though. Best of luck.

Adrian
Adrian
Reply to  Dean Jones

I got a 64gb version from JB. Is very nice, just getting everything loaded again. Fast charging is nice and fast. πŸ™‚

Dean Jones
Dean Jones
Reply to  Adrian

Congrats!!!

Ben Rutten
Ben Rutten
Reply to  Adrian

If it helps, Google hinted they restock the store on Wednesdays…might be worth hanging in another 24 hours if you (like me) are keen for the extra storage!

toast
toast

Ahh well. Sounds like a false alarm. Lots of people got their shipping notices today.
The 6th still sounds about right.

Domy74
Domy74
Reply to  toast

Yeah, it seems the ETA at shown on the orders might still be accurate. I haven’t received an email confirmation yet (nor have they taken payment from pending) but when I contacted them asking about the double credit card charge, the Google rep said my order has shipped. (64Gb 6P Aluminium).

Reply to  Domy74

When did you ask them?

Domy74
Domy74
Reply to  Alex Milev

I asked them at about 7pm. Still no confirmation email and they haven’t taken the payment from pending…yet so maybe Anthony is on to something.

Matthew Gardner
Matthew Gardner
Reply to  Domy74

You got a double charge as well?
Could you please explain the reasoning behind that?

Domy74
Domy74
Reply to  Matthew Gardner

Hi, they didn’t really explain it at all, they they just confirmed they have released the first payment hold so the bank will release it back to me once it expires as per the banks policy.

Matthew Gardner
Matthew Gardner
Reply to  Domy74

Ah, thanks.

Anthony Smith
Anthony Smith
Reply to  Domy74

Do not trust them, they said the same to me.
I asked for Tracking Information and they went off to check some records before coming back to say it actually hadn’t shipped. No one over there seems to know what is going on.

toast
toast

I got an email. My 5X shipped this morning. It’s coming… so is Santa, I guess.

Saeed
Saeed

I ordered 5X 32gb and it is shipped. I also got a tracking number but Toll website doesn’t have any record of it yet.

Saeed
Saeed
Reply to  Saeed

Okay I just received an email from google. It seems that they are sending the them from Singapore.

Martin Leonard
Martin Leonard
Reply to  Saeed

Check again, mine (same) arrived in Brisbane this morning and is out for delivery!

Saeed
Saeed
Reply to  Martin Leonard

Nothing shows up on Toll website.
“No tracking information exists for this consignment. Please contact our customer service department for further details.”
It’s been nearly 20 hours and they haven’t updated anything πŸ™

Martin Leonard
Martin Leonard
Reply to  Saeed

That’s a bummer, sorry. I got the shipping email 2am yesterday and it showed nothing on the Toll website until this morning when it arrived in Brisbane.

Saeed
Saeed
Reply to  Martin Leonard

Yeah I got google’s email about 5pm yesterday. Hopefully it will show up tomorrow.

Martin Leonard
Martin Leonard
Reply to  Saeed

Mine just arrived so hopefully yours will tomorrow

MrVirly

I was in Good Guys today buying my wife a Moto G. I checked with them and newither of the Nexuses were even in their system.

yah
yah

I just got my shipping notice about 10 minutes ago. 32gb 5x in ice.

Anthony Smith
Anthony Smith

Google refund policy allow you to send it back within 15 days.
I’m tempted to buy from JB-Hifi send my Google Store one back…. That said, you’re screwed if postal loses it.

Ahmato27
Ahmato27

Ordered the Graphite in the 64GB variant the moment it was available. The charge was put on hold and the order was pending ever since, until I received an email saying that my order has been placed on hold due to issues with the transaction.

Canceled the order and picked up the Aluminum color from JB for $22 cheaper. Same thing happens every year on the Google store.

MrJayTee74
MrJayTee74

Google botched a Nexus device launch, say it ain’t so

toast
toast
Reply to  MrJayTee74

It aint so. Overreaction. Lots shipping as of today.

Anthony Smith
Anthony Smith
Reply to  toast

No, it is actually botched for a fair few people
I have double pending charges and no shipping information yet even though I am supposed to have it by the 6th.

Groad
Groad

My frost 64gb was shipped as of yesterday

Phill Edwards
Phill Edwards

My Nexus 5X is showing as Shipped today.

Martin Leonard
Martin Leonard

My 5X has shipped today but the tracking link still showing nothing! Play store order says delivery 6th to 10th for delivery

Martin Leonard
Martin Leonard
Reply to  Martin Leonard

Just checked Toll and mine arrived in Brisbane this morning and is out for delivery!

Ben Evans
Ben Evans

My status changed to shipped this morning and the 2 charges on my card collapsed to one

Ben Evans
Ben Evans
Reply to  Ben Evans

More than 24 hours later and still no tracking information with Toll. Hmmm

Jared Mayfield
Jared Mayfield

I sold my Nexus 6 on eBay yesterday now I’m stuck using the old Galaxy Nexus till the 6P gets here, this is brutal.

Dennis Bareis

I’d love to be waiting, Google let me order!

Michael
Michael

they shipped mine to an old address… that changed by itself somehow! so now they have to halt shipment even though it got out already and the banks are holding the money 2 times (because the address changed?). probably going to pick it up in Telstra

Vijay
Vijay

Optus is having trouble getting stock from Huawei as well. They won’t even commit to an eta.

Onel Benjamin

To be fair, when I purchased a watch of Google Store last year, it was shipped at 7PM. So we shall see (Yes I’m that desperate that I went and looked at my previous orders).

Jared Mayfield
Jared Mayfield

Was on the phone with Google about charging my card twice, and I asked when it was shipping and he said at 2200 hours 3rd November.

Mohaymen
Mohaymen
Reply to  Jared Mayfield

Does your order still show “Processing”

Jared Mayfield
Jared Mayfield
Reply to  Mohaymen

No mine changed at 3am to shipped and also now have one charge on credit card.

freshj1ve

I’ve heard from reading some comments on Whirlpool that Google with have orders shipped out by 9 PM tonight, so I guess we’ll know if this is true or not later on this evening..

Christopher
Christopher
Reply to  freshj1ve

9pm seems likely. It’s the same time as all the other nexus phones got shipped. Still doesn’t make sense that when they were meant to leave the warehouse on the 2nd and it’s now the 3rd…

Reply to  Christopher

Yeah, something is going on.. I guess an upside to this delay is hopefully by the time we get our phones from the GPS a fix will be available for those having issues with the Telstra network, can only hope! And also people waiting for their accessories to come in, like myself. πŸ™‚

Reply to  freshj1ve

Yup, got my finals for uni. Last one is on Monday, at least this way I wont be distracted haha

Anthony Smith
Anthony Smith
Reply to  freshj1ve

Didn’t happen for me.

Reply to  Anthony Smith

Me neither mate, now I’m hoping I getting a shipping confirmation email overnight.

Domy74
Domy74

The play store has a pending payment hold on 2 x the cost of my order from my credit card, so even if I wanted to walk in and grab one from JB I couldn’t – I don’t have a spare $3000. It is really disappointing that retail stores and carriers get product when Play Store orders seem to be stuck in “Processing” limbo. When I placed my order, they had stock. Thanks Ausdroid for reaching out to Google.

Matej Pribelsky
Matej Pribelsky

6P Frost only available from Google so gotta wait…

Rowan

I bought one at JB yesterday, but can’t cancel my order as it’s still down as ‘Processing’. I’ve lodged a ticket requesting a cancellation, but worst case scenario I need to reject delivery and pay for shipping.

DarrenAustAE
DarrenAustAE

I cancelled my Google Store order and picked one up from JB today.

Alex Milev

Tempted to just go in a retailer and return the Google one when it comes in

Pumpino
Pumpino
Reply to  Alex Milev

I guess our patience may extend if they ship it tonight. However, if that doesn’t happen, I’ll be ringing every JB tomorrow until I get lucky. Google is punishing its most loyal buyers and I’m annoyed. The phones were supposed to be shipped yesterday. There’s no way we’ll get them by the weekend now.

Reply to  Pumpino

To make up for it, they should give everyone the express shipping treatment free of charge. Just saying.

Reply to  Onel Benjamin

It’s already free of shopping. Google should give a $50 play credit for our loyalty customers like they did in US.

Reply to  TT

Not priority shipping, but I wouldn’t complain about the $50 play credit!

Reply to  Pumpino

Well said, I think I’ll go with this option.