To coincide with the launch of our Patreon support page, which will hopefully see us on the way to an advertising-free Ausdroid, we’ve decided to take your questions and answer them right here. It’s not quite a Reddit-style AMA, but it’s the same idea. Ask your question in the comments below, and we’ll do our best to answer you.
Here’s some fast facts:
- Ausdroid has 250,000 unique visitors a month; that’s a quarter of a million people. Monthly.
- Sponsorship starts from just $1 per month. If 1% of our readers got on board, Ausdroid would never need advertising again, and we’d attend every mobile tradeshow and conference we need to, in order to bring you the best and freshest Android and mobility news.
- All our staff are, at present, volunteers. We want to change that, and properly recognise the hard work that goes into Ausdroid.
- Advertising is difficult for Ausdroid; it takes a lot of time to sell it, and the rewards aren’t always there. We’re tech enthusiasts, not advertising salesmen. We’d rather focus on what we do best, than spending time trying to sell advertising space.
- If just 500 people (that’s 0.02% of our monthly readers) pledged $5 a month in support, Ausdroid would go ad-free tomorrow for everyone.
- To make this project worthwhile, your support needs to be ongoing; if you can spare a couple of dollars a month, that’s absolutely perfect!
To support us on Patreon, click here: