We should begin seeing the 4K screen toting Sony Xperia Z5 Premium in Australian retailers this month, but if you can’t wait that long Expansys Australia has started stocking the phone and you can order it in now for just $1084.99 with free shipping thrown in.
The phone has some high-end specs and touts some impressive camera chops as you’d expect from a phone priced at the flagship end of the market, but it’s the 4K screen that’s the selling point for the Xperia Z5 Premium. The 4K resolution screen downscales to 1080P when 4K is not required, this allows them to save on battery life.
The full spec list for the Xperia Z5 Premium includes:
- 5.5” 4K UHD (3840×2160), 806 PPI, Triluminos display for mobile, X-Reality for mobile, Dynamic Contrast Enhancer
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 (MSM8994)64 bit Octa Core processor
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB Onboard storage with up to 200GB microSD Card
- Rear Camera:
- 1/2.3” 23 MP Sony Exmor RS™ for mobile sensor
- Hybrid Auto Focus 0.03 sec
- 5 x Clear Image Zoom
- Up to 8x Digital Zoom
- Wide angle G Lens (24 mm)
- Up to ISO 12800 Photo / 3200 VideoSteadyShot™ with Intelligent Active Mode – video stabilisation
- 4K video recording
- Pulse LED Flash
- Front Camera:
- 5 MP front camera Sony Exmor R™ for mobile sensor
- Full HD video
- SteadyShot™ with Intelligent Active Mode – video stabilisation
- Wide angle lens (25 mm)
- IP65/68 with capless microUSB
- aGPS, Bluetooth 4.1 wireless technology, DLNA Certified®, WiFi SISO, MHL 3.0, NFC
- 3430mAh Battery with Quick Charge 2.0
- Google Android™ 5.1 (Lollipop)
- 154.4 x 76.0 x 7.8 mm @ 180 grams
The phone is currently only available in Black, but the Chrome version is apparently on its way – trust me, the Chrome looks stunning – so you may want to wait.
The Xperia Z5 Premium will be available in Australian retailers from early November, but given we’re almost halfway in and there’s no sign of it as yet, Expansys offers a pretty good deal here – especially considering the phone will sell for $1,199 RRP when it does arrive. If you’re interested, check out the Expansys website now.