Sony’s Xperia Z5 Premium handset has been anticipated for launch in Australia since early this month, while still not showing up at retail stores, the phone is now available to order from Sony Australia.
The phone is available to pre-order in Black, Gold and Chrome for $1,199 and will be delivered to most addresses in Australia and New Zealand. The phone will only be sold through the Sony online portal, and Sony Experience stores and through retail parnters JB Hifi and Dick Smith Electronics, with no Australian carriers opting to pick up the handset on contract.
The price also includes a bonus Style Cover Stand SCR46 – Designed for the Xperia Z5 Premium worth $79 in either Black, Gold or White to match the handset you purchase.
The Xperia Z5 Premium comes with the same internals as the Xperia Z5, but is the first mobile phone to include a 4K resolution screen. With a sleek design and what appears to be top-notch internal and camera camera specs (at least on paper), the Xperia Z5 series are definitely a hot item.
- 5.5” 4K UHD (3840×2160), 806 PPI, Triluminos display for mobile, X-Reality for mobile, Dynamic Contrast Enhancer
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 (MSM8994)64 bit Octa Core processor
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB Onboard storage with up to 200GB microSD Card
- Rear Camera:
- 1/2.3” 23 MP Sony Exmor RS™ for mobile sensor
- Hybrid Auto Focus 0.03 sec
- 5 x Clear Image Zoom
- Up to 8x Digital Zoom
- Wide angle G Lens (24 mm)
- Up to ISO 12800 Photo / 3200 VideoSteadyShot™ with Intelligent Active Mode – video stabilisation
- 4K video recording
- Pulse LED Flash
- Front Camera:
- 5 MP front camera Sony Exmor R™ for mobile sensor
- Full HD video
- SteadyShot™ with Intelligent Active Mode – video stabilisation
- Wide angle lens (25 mm)
- IP65/68 with capless microUSB
- aGPS, Bluetooth 4.1 wireless technology, DLNA Certified®, WiFi SISO, MHL 3.0, NFC
- 3430mAh Battery with Quick Charge 2.0
- Google Android™ 5.1 (Lollipop)
- 154.4 x 76.0 x 7.8 mm @ 180 grams
The price unfortunately puts the handset above the Expansys Australia offer which showed up last week which has now dropped to just $1070 including delivery – but only has the Black option in stock.
There’s still no information on when the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium will begin shipping from Sony, or when it will show up at retailers – though at their launch event last month we were advised that the phones would be available in November, so technically we could start seeing them any time in the next couple of weeks.
Have you been waiting for the Xperia Z5 Premium?