Huawei has announced via its community forum that its Android Wear smartwatch will be receiving a maintenance update, bringing some improvements to the watch along with a couple of new apps and features.
The update, which brings the Huawei Watch update to current build LCB43B, and will be available as a download over the air, brings with it some much needed updates which include:
- Optimised the mic gain for improved “Ok Google” detection
- Optimised the fitness tracking to improve step counting accuracy
- Optimised the Bluetooth reconnect mechanism
- Add a new app to display the battery level when charging
- Add a new watch face that user can self-customise
- Add fusion sensor of gravity/linear acceleration/rotation vector
The update has begun to roll out to users and should be complete by next week. Huawei has said that the update will be automatically downloaded to your Huawei Watch and you will receive a notification when it is ready to install.
To check if you have the update, you will need to:
- Long press the crown button to open the app launcher
- Select the Settings app
- Scroll down and click About
- Scroll down and look for Build number
Huawei has encouraged users to provide feedback through the Huawei Watch forums.
Have you received the update to your Huawei Watch? If so, what do you think of the new features and improvements? Let us know in the comments below.