The hotly anticipated Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 has finally arrived at mobile and home broadband company Dodo with the companies website listing the phone for sale on their website for outright purchase or on a plan.
Back in October, Alcatel OneTouch did announce that the phone would arrive in early November, but a month and a half later, the phone has arrived and at $379 with a $9.90 delivery fee, the handset gives you a fairly impressively specced device:
Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 (5.5) TCL 6045B Specifications:
- 5.5 FullHD 1920×1080 resolution IPS LCD display
- Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB on-board storage with microSD Card slot up to 128GB
- 13MP Rear camera with LED Flash and 8MP Front-facing camera
- Bluetooth 4.1 (LE), Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, GPS with A-GPS, FM radio and NFC
- 4G LTE support – bands: B1, B2 B3,B4, B7 and B28
- Android 5.0.2
- 2,910mAh Li-Ion Battery
- 152.7×75.1×7.4mm @ 141grams
If you’re willing to sign up for a plan, Dodo have a selection of 24 month plans you can pay a handset repayment on and grab an Idol 3 as your device. Prices range from $27.90 including the $10 handset repayment and range up to $49.90 per month which includes a decent 5GB of data per month. Extra data can be picked up as a data pack for $10 per GB, which is recommended as they charge $15 per GB if you go over your cap.
A quick talk to Dodo customer service had them advising a 3-5 day turn around, business days, so get in early. We first saw the Idol 3 at MWC in February before reviewing it in July, the end result is that if you’re looking for a phone in this price range then the Idol 3 is highly recommended.
Dodo is the exclusive seller of the Idol 3 in Australia so it’s not available at retailers, though it may head out to Dodo retail outlets at some stage.