If you’ve been waiting for the super-tough Motorola Moto X Force to arrive, unfortunately there’s no word from Motorola Australia about an official release, but Expansys Australia now have the Moto X Force available to pre-order for $869.
The phone which appears to be the international version of the Motorola Droid Turbo 2 which was launched in the US in October and has yet to see much of a public launch. The main feature of both the Droid Turbo 2 and the Moto X Force is the ‘Moto ShatterShield display’ is made up of 5 layers which results in an almost shatterproof display which Motorola have shown previously is designed to not shatter when dropped.
The Moto X Force has excellent internal specs which essentially tops the Moto X Style by cramming similar specs into a smaller body with thinner profile with a 5.4″ Quad HD resolution AMOLED display. That smaller form factor also manages to cram a larger 3760mAh battery into that tiny body. The phone even comes with a water repellant nano-coating to protect against light splashes including accidental spills or light rain.
Wireless charging fans will be ecstatic to find that after being dropped from the Moto X Play and Moto X Style, the Moto X Force also includes support or both Qi and PMA wireless charging standards.
In terms of connectivity the phone supports all the Australian LTE bands including Band 5 for Vodafone, Band 28 for Optus and Telstra and the almost Australia wide Band 3.
Motorola Moto X Force Specs:
- 5.4″ QuadHD (2560×1440) resolution (540ppi) AMOLED display
- 2.0 GHz Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 MSM8992 and Adreno 430 GPU
- 3 GB RAM
- 32 GB with microSD Card slot
- 21MP Rear camera with Dual LED Flash and 5MP front facing camera also with Flash
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 800/850/900/1700/1900/2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/20/25/28/40
- Bluetooth: 4.1 LE, Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 a/g/b/n/ac, NFC and AGPS
- Jack 3.5 mm / micro USB
- Water Protection: Water repellent nano-coating
- 3760 mAh (Built-in) / PMA and Qi wireless charging supported
- 149.8 x 78 x 7.6-9.2mm @ 169 grams
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Moto X Force XT1580, Motorola TurboPower 25 Charger, Documentation
The phone is available for purchase now from Expansys Australia for $869 with free shipping available. The only colour option for the Moto X Force from Expansys is for Black with a ballistic nylon rear cover.