Everyone’s favourite Australian launcher, Action Launcher has been updated today with a bunch of new customisations involving icons.
Announced by developer Chris Lacy on his Google+ feed, Action Launcher 3 has added a new and innovative way to use the many icon packs available now. Called Quick Edit, the feature lets you quickly change icons to a new one from any available pack installed on your device.
Also included is a new re-sizing feature that normalises the size of icons on your device to fit the Material Design icon grid – note that Foxtel notably hasn’t played nice here, as demonstrated in Chris’ explanation video below.
A majorly improved new feature is for Google Calendar, with an included icon pack that updates the icon for Google Calendar with the correct day of the month.
The full list of changes in the update include:
• Smartsize icons (Beta): icons automatically resize to fit in the Material Design icon grid.
• Bundled Google Calendar icons that display the correct day for each day of the month.
• A bundled Marshmallow icon pack (handy when on non-Nexus devices).
• Support for Marshmallow’s permission system.
• Support for Marshmallow’s ‘reveal’ app launch anim (requires Marshmallow).
• Completely overhauled icon picker.
• Image crop functionality.
• The free version of the app can now apply icon packs.
• Introduction of Supporter pack, allowing people who have long-since purchased the app the option of making another purchase.
• A boatload of bug fixes.
You can try out Action Launcher 3 for free now from Google Play, but if you want all the features you can update it via In-App Purchase for a small cost.