ZTE Australia has today launched a new phone in their Blade series, with the Blade Plus V now available from JB HiFi stores and online for $399.
The ZTE Blade Plus V is a great looking handset, with a metal body design and large 5.5″ display giving Australian customers a premium looking large screen phone option in the mid-range price tier. The hardware includes a Mediatek processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of expandable storage and of course, the headline feature, the Fingerprint sensor. The rest of the hardware is pretty decent and that $399 price tag is certainly attractive as well.
ZTE Blade Plus V (V580) Specs:
- 5.5″ Full HD (1920×1080) Display
- 1.3GHz MTK MT6753 Octa core 64bit CPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB storage with microSD Card slot up to 32GB
- 13MP Back Camera with Auto Focus with 5MP Front Camera
- 2.4GHz Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS
- Finger Print Unlock
- Dual Sim (SIM2 is 2G Only)
- FM Radio included
- 2G/GSM: 900, 1800 MHz
- 3G: 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 2100 MHz with 42.2Mbps DL / 11.5Mbps UL (HSPA+)
- 4G/LTE: 2100 MHz(Band 1), 1800 MHz(Band 3), 2600 MHz(Band 7), 700 MHz(Band 28) with 150Mbps downlink, 50Mbps uplink
- Android 5 Lollipop
- 3000 mAh Battery
- 155.3 x 77.2 x 8.55mm @ 164g
The Blade Plus V comes with Android 5.1 installed, which ZTE says has ‘no extra overlays or themes installed, just straight vanilla Android 5.1 experience’. ZTE Australia have been quite dilligent in launching stock Android versions of their handsets, and we appreciate it.
The phone appears to only be available in white, so if you wanted another colour you may be out of luck. Still, it’s a good looking handset, head on in to JB Hifi to check it out.