Messaging service Telegram is rolling out an update to their iOS and Android apps, adding a few new features for Channel users.
Telegram is calling the update their Channels 2.0 update, and there’s some good updates for people using Channels on a regular basis. Channels are certainly fairly popular, with Telegram saying they get more than 400,000,000 views per day. The rundown for the update to Channels 2.0 is contained in the brief changelog heading out in the Telegram channel:
New in version 3.6:
– Edit your messages in channels and supergroups.
– Share links to specific posts in channels via the Quick Share menu.
– Add admin signatures to messages in channels.
– Send silent messages in channels that will not notify members. Useful for non-urgent or late night posting.
– Quickly forward messages from bots using the Quick Share button (works for messages with links, photos or videos).
Sticker Previews for everyone! Tap and hold to view stickers in full size without sending. Now works everywhere, including emoji suggestions and the ‘Add stickers’ screen. Try it out with the Harry set: Add sticker set Harry on Telegram
If you can excuse the iOS screenshots, here’s what all the new updates look like:
The update for Telegram is rolling out now through Google Play, check your Play Store to get the update and check all the new features.