Social media service Twitter has announced that from today they’re expanding their curated tweet service ‘Moments’ to Australia.
The service which uses Twitter staff as well as partners such as ABC News, the AFL and NRL as well as The Project to fuel Moments, with the stories appearing in a separate, new lightning bolt tab on your desktop and on your mobile app. Moments is a way for you quickly catch up and digest what’s happening that’s important beyond the usual ‘Trending’ tweets option.
Moments takes into account right now, but is continually updated throughout the day. Moments includes following events as they happen, with tweets about the event delivered to your timeline and once the event is over, you are automatically unsubscribed. You can also swipe through topics like “Entertainment” and “Sports” to find more stories that matter to you.
— Twitter Australia (@TwitterAU) March 1, 2016
How do you use Moments? In the launch post for the feature in Australia, Twitter’s curation lead, Luke Hopewell outlines how you use Moments in their launch post:
- When you click into a Moment, you’re taken to an introduction with a title and description.
- Start swiping right to dive right into the story, with pictures and autoplaying videos, Vines, and GIFs.
- A single tap gives you a fuller view of the Tweet, which you can then like, Retweet, and follow the account. A double tap lets you instantly like the Tweet.
- The progress bar at the bottom indicates how much more each Moment has to offer.
- Swiping up or down takes you back to the guide.
- At the end of a Moment, click the share button to Tweet it to your followers.
At this stage exactly when you’ll start seeing the lightning bolt tab hasn’t been announced with Twitter simply saying ‘soon’. There’s no updates to the Twitter for Android app as yet and the Twitter website isn’t showing it, it could be a matter of hours or days, we’ll have to wait and see.