Telstra has added a new HTC desire handset to its line up of pre-paid devices with the HTC Desire 530 now available for $229.
The Desire 530, spec wise certainly isn’t all the bad for the price and could certainly be worse. Lets be honest here, its not going to be high end but its certainly not low end either. Interestingly though, the Desire 530 was announced by the company in February and looking over at the Australian HTC website, still has the handset as coming soon with no information or specs really outlined.
That said, thanks to both the Telstra Pre-Paid website and GSM arena, we have been able to get the full list of specs for the Desire 530 which are listed below:
- 5″ Super TFT LCD Display (720 x 1280)
- 1.5GB RAM
- Qualcomm MSM8909 Snapdragon 210
- Quad-core 1.1 GHz Cortex-A7 CPU
- Adreno 304 GPU
- 16GB on board Memory, expandable to 2TB via microSD
- 8MP rear facing camera, 5MP front facing
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot, Bluetooth v4.1
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Removable Li-Ion 2200 mph battery
- Network Connectivity:
- 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 850/900/2100 MHz
- 4G: 700/850/900/1800/2100/2600/800 MHz
The good thing I would like to highlight, is that the HTC Desire 530 does come with Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) right out of the box, certainly a surprise given most other pre-paid devices normally don’t tend to come with the latest software.
It is important to note that the Desire 530 is network locked to Telstra and fees will apply should you wish to network unlock the handset.Source: Telstra Pre-Paid - HTC Desire 530.Via: HTC Australia.