Vodafone has added the HTC Desire 530 to its line up of devices, priced at just $199.
We saw the HTC Desire 530 launch at Mobile World Congress earlier this year, and since then, it has launched locally with availability in retailers and also on Telstra. It seems Vodafone has jumped aboard to offer this mid range device to its pre-paid customers.
In case you have forgotten what the Desire 530 specs are, we have complied a list for you below:
- 5″ Super TFT LCD Display (720 x 1280)
- 1.5GB RAM
- Qualcomm MSM8909 Snapdragon 210
- Quad-core 1.1 GHz Cortex-A7 CPU
- Adreno 304 GPU
- 16GB on board storage, expandable to 2TB via microSD
- 8MP rear facing camera, 5MP front facing
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot, Bluetooth v4.1
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Removable Li-Ion 2200 mph battery
- Network Connectivity:
- 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 850/900/2100 MHz
- 4G: 700/850/900/1800/2100/2600/800 MHz
The good thing I would like to highlight is that the HTC Desire 530 comes with Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) right out of the box, a surprise given most other pre-paid devices normally don’t tend to come with the latest software. Though it’s low priced, HTC’s Desire 530 is relatively new, and quite a capable budget device.
Unfortunately for some bizarre reason, you aren’t able to purchase the HTC Desire 530 through Vodafone’s website directly, with potential customer being advised to purchase new handsets at their local Vodafone Store directly. The HTC Desire 530 is available for $199 and is locked to the Vodafone Network.