Following today’s launch of Samsung Pay in Australia, we thought we’d show you just how easy it is to use, once you’ve set it up.
The setup process is very simple; you simply select your compatible card, add the details to Samsung Pay, and your device is ready to go. You can set it up to authenticate payments using your fingerprint (easiest) or with a PIN for back-up use, or when your fingerprints mightn’t read (for example if you’re wearing gloves).
Making a payment is a cinch. Wait until the payment terminal is ready for your payment, and depending on whether you’re using Tap’n’Pay or an older, swipe terminal, the process is largely the same:
- Turn your phone screen on
- Swipe up from the bottom to enable Samsung Pay
- Select the appropriate card (if you have more than one)
- Authenticate with your fingerprint or PIN
- Hold the phone to the card reader — for Tap’n’Pay, hold the rear of the phone over the NFC reader, and for older swipe terminals, hold the top of the phone near the swipe reader
- Wait a moment
- Your payment is complete
As you can see in our demo video, the process really is that easy, and we’ve tried it out at a Coles and Woolworths too (just to make sure it worked for MST and NFC equally easily) and it absolutely does. Bravo Samsung, your Samsung Pay product is every bit as easy to use as advertised.