The 2016 Rio Olympics begins on August 5th, with coverage on the Seven Network. As part of their coverage, Seven will be offering Olympics coverage with a premium app for $19.95, but Telstra will be offering it to their customers for free.
The app is purpose built for the games and will be launching on Google Play (and the Apple app store) on the 1st of August, staying live until the end of the games on August 21st. The Premium Olympics on 7 app will host a number of great features, including:
- Up to 36 dedicated channels
- Live video streaming of every competition session from Rio 2016
- Over 3000 hours of competition available in full and on-demand
- Supplementary feeds for Golf and Sailing
- 24/7 streaming of the Olympic Games News Channel
- Highlights from every session
- Interactive medal tally
There’s no details on whether both pre and post paid customers will be able to access the premium app, though the AFL and NRL premium apps that Telstra offer are accessible by customers on both types of plan. Unlike those apps however, you will still have to pay for data, with Telstra advising that data charges apply, so probably try to connect to Wi-Fi when streaming video.
If you’re looking forward to the Olympic Games, you can get Telstra to send you a reminder when the app launches by entering your email address on their website.