HTC has today announced Australian availability for their mid-range Desire 628 handset, with retailer JB HiFi starting to sell the phone in their stores or online for $299.
The phone is a mix of style and specs with a dual colour Cobalt White with blue trim body and full glass front running an Octa-core processor under the hood. The Desire 628 comes with twin back-illuminated sensors(BSI) with a 13MP camera on the rear and 5MP camera on the front. It also has a 5″ HD display on the front, making for what HTC says is a phone ‘perfect for fun and entertainment on the go’.
The specs on the handset are pretty fair for the price tag with the handset including:
- 5 inch, HD 720p (1280 x 720 pixels) Display
- 1.3 GHz, Octa-core Processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB Storage with microSDTM up to 2TB
- 13MP Rear Camera with autofocus, f/2.0 aperture, BSI sensor
- 5MP Front facing BSI sensor
- HTC BoomSoundTM profile for headset
- Bluetooth 4.1, 802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz)
- Nano SIM with 4G LTE
- Android 5.1 with HTC Sense
- 146.9×70.9×8.19mm @ 142grams
- 2200 mAh Battery
Ben Hodgson, Country Manager, HTC Australia and New Zealand said of the HTC Desire 628
The HTC Desire 628 strikes the perfect balance between style and functionality with its stunning HD display and unique dual colour design. With consumers seeking a full range of smartphones at a variety of price points, the HTC Desire 628 delivers extraordinary value for consumers seeking a powerful proposition at an affordable price.
The handset is available from JB HiFi stores and online from today, but stock may take some time to reach stores.