Telstra introduced their Signature series phones, a line of Telstra branded phones manufactured by known vendors. The first Signature phone, the Premium was a rebadged HTC One A9, and they’ve followed up with a rebranded LG X Screen they’re calling the Telstra Signature Enhanced.
The LG X Screen was announced back at Mobile World Congress, and features the innovative always on second screen which debuted on LG’s high end V10 series handset in the US. The second screen offers access to your notifications and allows you to control apps while you do your usual thing on the larger 5″ HD resolution main screen.
The phone has all the signature LG software you’d expect including burst mode, and auto-shot for taking the perfect selfie by allowing the phone to recognise a face and snap a shot when the phone and subject are still.
Under the hood, the phone is mid-range with the specs looking like this:
- 4.93″ HD (1280×720) HD resolution IPS display + 1.76 80×520 resolution second display pixels, inches
- 1.2.GHz Quad Core Snapdragon 410 SoC
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB onboard storage with microSD card up to 128GB
- 13MP Rear Camera with f/2.2 aperture and LED Flash and 8MP Front-facing camera
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS with GLONASS
- 2G: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
- 3G: 850, 900, 2100 MHz
- 4G FDD APT: 700, 900, 1800, 2100, 2600 MHz
- 2300 mAH Battery
- Android Marshmallow
- 142.6×71.8×7.1mm @ 120 grams
The phone is available on the Telstra network, complete with Blue Tick rating, starting on a $55 per month plan on a 24 month contract which includes 1GB of data, $550 of calls to standard Australian numbers and unlimited SMS/MMS. There is of course higher end plans if you want more data, calls or international minutes.
The phone is available to buy now from the Telstra website with free delivery and you’d imagine in Telstra stores soon if not now.