Lenovo

Overnight Lenovo released two magnificent looking Android tablets, the traditional 10.1″ Lenovo Tab 3 Plus and the all new YogoBook. The Tab 3 Plus offers a full premium Android tablet experience whilst the YogaBook is the first clamshell-style Android Tablet/ Laptop hybrid from Lenovo.

Lenovo Tab 3 ProLenovo YogBook
ColoursBlack
  • Gunmetal Grey
  • Champagne Gold
Accessories
  • Halo Keyboard
  • Real-Pen

Lenovo has confirmed that both models are headed for Australia and will be available from October. The Lenovo Tab 3 Pro will sell for $599 AUD and the YogaBook for $799 AUD, however, we only seem to be getting the LTE version for now. It’s great to see Lenovo embracing the Australian market so early,

If you’re in the market for a premium Android Tablet both of these are definitely worth looking at.

Jesse Kinross-Smith
Jesse Kinross-Smith

Keen to see what bands the Tab 3 Plus supports when it comes out.

Annoying Old Fart
Annoying Old Fart

Interesting to see Android running on an Intel CPU. Various people have experimented with this (look into RemixOS if you’re waiting for Android on ordinary PCs), but I don’t recall seeing this config shipping from a major manufacturer before.

Daniel Tyson
Reply to  Annoying Old Fart

Not this config, but Intel CPUs have been used in Android tablets for a while now. All good, official support for X86 came to Android a couple of generations ago. It’s cool.

Daniel Narbett
Daniel Narbett
Reply to  Daniel Tyson

However apps like Stan aren’t supported if it’s an Intel chip sadly (at least that’s what they told me when I asked why it wouldn’t install on my Yoga tab 2 pro)

Russell Cook
Russell Cook
Reply to  Annoying Old Fart

And ASUS have been a big supporter or Intel on Android. Now Intel is pulling back from the mobile market, it’s less likely to be happen and may be a reason to stay away from Intel CPUs on Android.

Phill Edwards
Phill Edwards

It’s odd that they are releasing these immediately, but the Moto Zs aren’t available in Oz yet.

Russell Cook
Russell Cook

Interesting on the Tab 3 Pro. Raises a couple of questions (and yes the 8″ would be better for this) about it’s ability to be a phone replacement.

1) Do we know what LTE bands (thinking 28)
2) Can it make phone calls?
3) 13MP camera on a Tablet is good. Any details on OIS, sensor and f rating (better than 2.0 would be ideal)?

Daniel Tyson
Reply to  Russell Cook

1) Not yet, they’ll release specs for an AU model closer to launch.
2) Probably not.
3) oh you’re one of those people….repeat after me: โ€I will not take photos with my tablet” ๐Ÿ˜‰

Russell Cook
Russell Cook
Reply to  Daniel Tyson

LOL Sorry Daniel I have a shoulder holster (for my tablet) and I’m not afraid to use it ๐Ÿ™‚

Yianni soc
Reply to  Russell Cook

Agreed 8″ would’ve been heaps better. I was looking at their last Gen tablets and was waiting for the refresh. May miss out on the smaller one this time.

Brendan Adams
Brendan Adams
Reply to  Yianni soc

Argh… are 7″ – 8″ tablets dead?

Yianni soc
Reply to  Brendan Adams

I hope not.. I’ve still got my Nexus 7 2nd gen and i love the form factor and it’s still chugging along. just looking for a bit of a performance upgrade. fingers crossed!