As part of the deal that sees Telstra take up the position of official Technology Partner of the National Basketball League (NBL) for the 2016/2017 NBL season, Telstra will offer customers access to the NBL Live app to stream games for the season.
The offer only extends to getting you a free Season Pass to the NBL Live mobile App which normally costs $60, but won’t cover data charges associated with watching the games on your mobile. The offer is being extended to all new and existing Telstra mobile customers with a compatible mobile or tablet device.
The NBL Live offer will go live for mobile customers on the 27th of September, with the first game of the 2016/2017 due to kick off in Brisbane on the 6th of October when the Brisbane Bullets take on the 2015-16 Champions, Perth Wildcats.
To redeem the offer, you’ll first need to grab the app from Google Play, then follow these steps:
- Make sure you are on the Telstra Mobile Network, not connected to WiFi when redeeming the voucher
- Open the NBL app
- Click on the Telstra NBL Live Offer banner on the homepage or in the Menu bar
- You will be taken to the Telstra ‘My Offers’ page
- Click on the NBL tile
- You will be taken to the NBL website to create or login into your NBL account
- Once you are logged in, you will be shown your voucher code where you need to copy and paste into the voucher section and then click on the redeem button
- You will be shown a congratulations page and redirected to the NBL app to start watching live games
The app requires Android 4.1 and up but that shouldn’t be a problem for the majority of Telstra customers – it’s also available to iOS customers as well.
If you’re an NBL fan this is a pretty sweet deal. Head over to Telstra to check out the rest of the details.