D-Link DWM-T100
If watching free to air TV on the go is what you’ve been wanting to do then Harvey Norman have marked down the D-Link microUSB TV Tuner to a super cheap $14 until the 29th of September.

The deal is crazy cheap considering the $49.95 RRP on the TV Tuner which Harvey Norman usually has on the device. The dongle provides DVB-T terrestrial tv service through the D-Link TV Tuner Android app available in Google Play. The dongle comes with a loop antenna for on the go, or an F-Type antenna converter to hook up to co-ax cable at home.

The app though has limitations – it doesn’t work at all on Nougat devices I tried it on, but did work on the Galaxy S6 running Marshmallow. There are some pretty heavy limitations on that loop antenna too, I’ve only ever gotten it working with line of sight to a TV broadcast antenna – basically sitting looking at Telstra tower in Canberra, anywhere else was a bust.

The app is pretty decent though allowing you access to a full Electronic Program Guide, as well as Time-Shift recording with the ability to pause and rewind live TV and record on a schedule or on-demand and Automatic TV Channel search.

It’s not a bad deal for $14 though with a microUSB connection you’ll need a microUSB to USB-C converter for any newer type devices you have and even then if your device is running Nougat you’re out of luck.

The app was not found in the store. 🙁
Source: Harvey Norman.
    BrainBeat
    BrainBeat

One thing I wanted to say is the antenna loop is just terrible when I have tried it and recommend getting any other option. I am looking to see if you can buy an a small portable option that used the smaller connector but have not found one yet.

BrainBeat
    BrainBeat

Hi guys I have not tried yet on my brothers Nexus 9 but I think you can possibly still use it on an N device you just have to use a different app. If you search the market for TV tuner and look at all of the apps you will notice at least 1 app called PadTV which would seem to be software written for the exact same device just under a different name. I have installed it on another tablet that was crashing when using the D-Link version and it worked fine. The best thing is it seems to… Read more »

jjcoolaus
    jjcoolaus

You can connect this to your TV antenna with an adaptor. It would turn just about any old phone or tablet into a PVR.

Snoozin
    Snoozin

I clicked the bottom link “D-Link TV Tuner (Play Store)” and got the following error…
    “Sorry! This content is not available in your country yet.
    We’re working to bring the content you love to more countries as quickly as possible.
    Please check back again soon.”

Brad
    Brad
    Reply to  Snoozin

Yes, I get that too… and cannot find via a search on the play store. Are you guys that have it working, using a VPN to US or a US google account or something?

BrainBeat
    BrainBeat
    Reply to  Brad

As I have posted there are other app options that work.

Manish
    Manish

Can i connect this to sheild android tv.. with the app side loaded?

Jamie S
    Jamie S
    Reply to  Manish

You probably can but I can’t think of a reason why you would want to? If your shield is connected to a tv you already have Digital tv. Unless your talking about using a projector or a large monitor.

Newcastle Guardian
    Newcastle Guardian

Just a word of warning on these. They start off great, BUT, we’ve had two fail in a matter of months!!!!!!

Daniel Tyson
    Reply to  Newcastle Guardian

I’ve had one for months. Still working. Hadn’t used it in a while, but still working except on Nougat

Newcastle Guardian
    Newcastle Guardian
    Reply to  Daniel Tyson

Hi Daniel, well you’ve had better luck than us. We have two sitting here dead as unfortunately. Each worked well, and I mean well, for maybe a month on a Sony Experia tablet, no nougat, then next time we plugged them in, nothing. DP link weren’t much help either. really didn’t want to know about them, unfortunately. I used them whilst sitting around in carparks at night waiting for kids to come out from various weekly events they attend. Concept is great, unfortunately exercussion for us has been a bad experience, and we paid a lot more that $14 for… Read more »

Daniel Tyson
    Reply to  Newcastle Guardian

I paid the $49 for my first one. $14 for a second for a tablet.