Telstra has quietly added the Samsung Galaxy J3 to it prepaid line up of mobile smartphone for a retail price of $299. The Galaxy J3 certainly does look quite stunning and certainly would be considered a mid-tier smartphone with its specs certainly quite good for the price.
So let’s have a look what you get for your hard earned bucks shall we:
- 5″Super Amoled Display (1280 X 720)
- 1.2 GHz Quad-core
- 1.5 GB RAM
- 8GB Memory, expandable to 128GB via microSD
- 8MP Rear Camera, 5MP front facing
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.1 LE, A-GPS
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- Network Connectivity:
- 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
- 4G: 700/850/900/1800/2100/2600 MHz
- Dimensions: 142.3 × 7.9 × 71.0 mm @ 138 grams
Whilst most of the specs aren’t too bad, it is a little disappointing that the Galaxy J3 only comes with Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) right out of the box and it probably and most likely not receive an update to either Marshmallow (6.0) or Nougat (7.0).
That said for the price, it certainly could be a lot worse. The Galaxy J3 also comes with Telstra’s blue tick, meaning it’s perfect for remote and regional areas where Telstra has the main coverage at the moment.
A reminder also that the Galaxy J3 is locked to the Telstra network and should you wish to use the device on another network (such as Optus or Vodafone), an unlocking fee does apply which you will need to contact Telstra to find out the exact amount for unlocking the device.