, and

Well, that was fast. On the back of the Verizon leak it appears that an enterprising individual has grabbed high-resolution pictures of the Really Blue, Quite Black and Very Silver Pixel and Pixel XL phones and posted them on the web.

The renders are for all three phones, but the emphasis is on the new ‘Really Blue’ colour option which is the one most people seem to be interested in at the moment. The blue model appears to have a white front instead of an all over blue finish or even black front, which may be a pleasant change of pace for those used to an all-black or white design.

For those of you completionists out there, there is indeed high resolution renders of the front panels from all three colours on both the Pixel and Pixel XL:
Pixel

Pixel XL

There’s not much more to do now except wait for that 3am AEDT announcement. We’re psyched.

Update:
And looks like everyone’s favourite leaker Evan Blass is all over the leaks adding these renders on his Twitter feed showing the rear and sides of the Pixel/Pixel XL in Really Blue and Very Silver.

Update 2:
And now Techno Buffalo has uploaded rear pics of the Pixel and Pixel XL

Source: Imgur 1Imgur 2.
Kev Kennedy
Kev Kennedy

Any Whovians out there ? I can see a market for the blue phone with a clear case that adds the doors and windows to the TARDIS

David Griffiths
David Griffiths

Sucks they put the headphone jack at the top.

silverman66
silverman66
Reply to  David Griffiths

At least there is one!

David Griffiths
David Griffiths
Reply to  silverman66

Haha! Touché! But in all openness, I find it odd so many manufacturers put headphone jacks on the top and not on the bottom. At least I think the bottom is the most convenient location.

TT
TT

The blue one is so ugly. Can Google really hire some good designer to make this?

whispy_snippet
whispy_snippet

I don’t understand all these iPhone comparisons. Literally the only similarity is the bezel size.

David Griffiths
David Griffiths
Reply to  whispy_snippet

Location of camera is same, and the seems in the sides too.

Andrew
Andrew

Well I was looking forward to what the blue coloured one would look like….and that does not look good to me.

Black it is I guess.

whispy_snippet
whispy_snippet
Reply to  Andrew

Wait till you see it in the flesh. Android Police said a while back that it’s hard to do the blue finish justice in renders.

For me it’s blue or silver. I’ve been doing black phones for years. Time for a change!

Andrew

An all blue phone could’ve been nice, but the white front just doesn’t do it for me. Boring old black it is then I guess.

Adam
Adam

I so far haven’t understood the point of including the renders of both the standard and XL versions of this phone; they are identical far as I can see. They could well be the same files on the site even. It’s not like ti would make a difference.

Adam J
Adam J

My theory is that this will be the standard form factor for Pixel phones going forward, whoever makes them. The Pixel 2 and the Pixel XL 2 will probably be exactly the same dimensions. Compared to other brands, the Nexus phones and tablets haven’t had great support for accessories and I think this could change with a consistent form factor.

whispy_snippet
whispy_snippet
Reply to  Adam J

Doubt it. Hardware design needs to keep evolving. What will generate third party accessory development will be whether this phone sells.

Yianni soc
Reply to  Adam J

Unfortunately the accessory market is just purely based on sales and market availability. Unless it’s Apple or Samsung or released in all markets there won’t be support as there aren’t many sales.
Similar to LG G5 and HTC One, the accessory support isn’t there as the sales aren’t there.

Pumpino
Pumpino

What’s the point of having a blue phone but making the front white?

They look very iPhone-ish, have bigger bezels than even your typical HTC phone (without a speaker or fingerprint scanner there) and cost through the roof. Every year, Google makes its phones less appealing. I really miss the N4 and N5 days…they were exciting.

Jamie S
Jamie S
Reply to  Pumpino

Yup, first thing I thought was iPhone 5c for that blue one. Really ugly IMO

chris
chris

Hmm they are looking iPhone again, large phone small screen. My N6 is brilliant in the use of screen space to phone body.

GaryGarth
GaryGarth

As much as I would want one, I just can’t justify the cost of something I’m going to replace in two years.

Jesus Machine
Jesus Machine
Reply to  GaryGarth

That’s why you replace it with the model That’s 12 months old by the time you’re ready to upgrade. I just went from Moto Nexus 6 to 6p and got 128gb for $570 from kogan. It’s White unfortunately but with my black Case on I forget about it. I’ll get the 2017 Pixel at the end of 2018. That’ll be the end of 6P Android support as it’s usually 3 years. Hopefully they don’t screw 6p owners and continue the 3 year OS support model, then my upgrade model is sound

chris
chris
Reply to  Jesus Machine

Kogan means you have Kogan warranty only. I never ever trust Kogan.

mfgonfie
mfgonfie
Reply to  Jesus Machine

12 months are not strictly necessary, usually after 4-6 months you can find good deals shopping online (not google store). Last year the Nexus 5X was quite quick to drop in price.

AdamM
AdamM
Reply to  Jesus Machine

I’m planning on (finally) replacing my N5 with a 6P, although I do share chris’ concerns over warranty support if grey importing.