Boost Mobile Australia has added a new affordable smartphone for the masses by partnering with ZTE Australia to bring to us consumers the Boost Zume 5 (ZTE B112).
The Boost Zume 5 isn’t anything to really go nuts over as it is just a cheap affordable smartphone and lets be honest, not everyone can afford either high end or mid-tier devices and this is where the Boost Zume 5 comes in.
Specs wise, it could be worse but here is a list of what the Boost Zume 5 is packing:
- 4.0″ IPS Display (480 x 800)
- 1.0GHz quad core MT6735M CPU
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB Memory with 3.35GB user space available, expandable to 32GB via microSD card
- 5MP Rear camera, 2MP front facing
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v4LE, A-GPS
- Network Connectivity:
- 2G: 900, 1800 MHz
- 3G: 850, 2100 MHz
- 4G: B1 (2100 MHz), B3 (1800 MHz), B7 (2600MHz), B28 (700MHz)
- 1600 mAh Li-ion, user-replaceable battery
- Dimensions: 125 x 64.6 x 10.8mm. @ 130g
It is a little sad that the Zume 5 will come with only Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) instead of the new and current version being Android 7.0 (Nougat). It is probably also a good bet that the Zume 5 will not see an update to Android 7.0 other than the usual security patches as pushed out by both ZTE and Telstra – I mean Boost Mobile.
The Boost Zume 5 (ZTE B112) is available through Boost Mobile and according to the ZTE website through Telstra stores and Telstra dealers. Although it is yet to appear on the Boost website with pricing not given at the time of writing.