Qualcomm has announced three new Qualcomm Snapdragon processors which are aimed at supporting enhanced user experiences and connectivity for high performance and high volume mobile devices.
The three new processors, the Snapdragon 653, Snapdragon 626 and Snapdragon 427 processors have been designed to deliver higher levels of processing performance than their predecessors. Furthermore, these three new processors have been designed to support Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.0 technology, which has also been designed to deliver power up to these devices with any of the three processors up to four times faster than current charging methods.
Support for dual cameras has been extended to the Snapdragon 600 and 400 tiers which will ensure clear imaging and photos across a wider variety of capture scenarios to ensure a more enhance consumer experiences.
Each new chipset also supports the following modem features:
- X9 LTE, with Cat 7 downlink speeds up to 300Mbps, and Cat 13 uplink speeds up to 150Mbps, designed to provide users with a 50 percent increase in maximum uplink speeds over the X8 LTE modem.
- LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation with up to 2×20 MHz in the downlink and uplink
Support for 64-QAM in the uplink
- Superior call clarity and higher call reliability with the Enhanced Voice Services (EVS) codec on VoLTE calls.
With these advanced modem capabilities built into each chipsets can increase network capacity and improve throughputs for all users in the network
Snapdragon 600 and Snapdragon 400 features are:
- The Snapdragon 653 processor not only features an increase in CPU and GPU performance over the Snapdragon 652, but also doubles the addressable memory (RAM) from 4GB to 8GB supporting greatly enhanced user experiences. The Snapdragon 653 is pin and software compatible with Snapdragon 650 and 652.
- The Snapdragon 626 features a CPU performance increase over the Snapdragon 625. It also features Qualcomm® TruSignal™ antenna boost, designed to improve signal reception in congested areas. The Snapdragon 626 is pin and software compatible with Snapdragon 625, and software compatible with the Snapdragon 425, 427, 430, and 435 processors.
- The Snapdragon 427 delivers a CPU and GPU performance increase over the Snapdragon 425. It is the first chipset to bring TruSignal to the Snapdragon 400 tier of processors, designed to deliver unprecedented powerful antenna tuning to this high volume line of processor solutions. The Snapdragon 427 is pin and software compatible with Snapdragon 425, 430 and 435, and software compatible with Snapdragon 625 and 626.
Alex Katouzian, senior vice president of product management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc, said:
“It has always been Qualcomm Technologies’ strategy to introduce industry-leading features first at the premium Snapdragon 800 tier design point, and then scale these features into our other Snapdragon products,” and that “A great example of this strategy is the use of dual camera for capturing high quality photos that now range across our portfolio, including our 400 series mobile solution. Doing this allows our customers and smartphone developers to reach a broad subscriber base with advanced features and great end-user experiences.”
According to Qualcomm Technologies, the Snapdragon 653 and 626 chipsets should be commercial available to manufacturers by the end of this year (2016), while the Snapdragon 427 is expected to be made available early next year (2017).