Kickstarter has a new project you can back called the LyfieEye – a camera attachment for you phone that enables you to record and snap 360 degree video and photo content straight to your smartphone to share on your social media platforms.
LyfieEye, according to the Kickstarter page, is ‘the future of selfies’ with the almost complete spherical shaped camera the first truly affordable camcorder that plugs straight into your Android Phone to allow you to preview, record and playback live-like spherical 360 degree videos and photos that you can share instantly on to social media sites like Facebook 360, YouTube 360, and with VR headsets and apps like Google Cardboard, Oculus Rift and HTC’s VIVE services.
Also, LyfieEye also enables a ‘live’ preview capability, something which current 360 degree cameras on the market struggle with. With the LyfieView app, you can ensure you have enough light, get in the best position to take that most flawless perfect selfie before snapping away without the need to wait till after that selfie was taken.
Some of the features that are included in the LyfieCam include:
- Compatibility with Android OS 5.0 or higher
- Recording videos at up to 30 frames per seconds
- Support for Gyro and Cardboard mode to view the videos in VR
- A light small form factor and can easily fit in a pocket. Support for USB 2.0, 3.0 and Type-C interfaces
- Seamless built-in video stitching that happens automatically
- Support for multiple video length durations (playback performance may be affected by length of video, and your phone’s CPU speed and available memory)
- Efficiency in intelligently using the phone’s battery and processing system, without depleting the phone of its battery
LyfieEye combines dual-lens design to simultaneously capture two 180-degree videos and combine them together in real-time along with capturing High Definition shots and video’s.
You can check out a demonstration of the LyfieEye 360 degree camera below:
According to the Kickstarter page, backers can donate US$1 up to well over US$119, however if you donate or back from say US$109 to US$119, discounts can apply from US$30 to US$40 discount off the US$149 price tag the parent company to LyfieEye, eCapture Technologies, Inc, has set. Also with those discounts, LyfieEye will also throw in depending on the contribution/donation or backing amount you choose, will receive a free LyfieLink and LyfieU2C USB-C Converter. The LyfieEye does also come in two colours, Rose Gold or Glossy Black.
You can head over to LyfieEye’s Kickstarter page to find out more and to check it out.