ZTE have been crowdsourcing the specs for their an Android powered smartphone over at their Project CSX community group. It seems the group is finally happy with their device and ZTE following suit and taking it to the popular crowdfunding site Kickstarter, and they will ship the device anywhere in the world!
In order to get made, ZTE wants to hit $500,000 in crowd funding, at $199 per device that’s about 2,513 backers, they’ve given themselves until February 19th to reach that goal. If successful they are hoping to ship it in September 2017. It doesn’t seem that this goal will take long to reach, given what’s inside.
So what would you be backing exactly? Let’s find out, let’s start with their pitch video
The basic specs so far include:
- Unlocked, 2 SIM slots for multiple band support*
- 5.5″ FHD display
- Dual rear cameras with enhanced image and zoom capabilities
- Hi-Fi audio
- Fingerprint sensor
- Large battery with quick charging capabilities
- Expandable memory
- Android Nougat operating system (+ upgradable to latest versions)
From a cellular connectivity perspective, the device will support all common 2G and 3G networks, however, the LTE Bands will be based on LTE bands most common in North America. This is still very much a work in progress and as such much is subject to change.
Apart from those basic specs ZTE is also promoting the major features as:
- Scrolling based on Eye-Tracking – by recognising movement of the eyes, pages can scroll automatically up-down or left-right based on movement. Voice commands can be used to navigate between pages.
- Stick to Walls and Surfaces with Self-Adhesive Case – with an optional case, the phone can be mounted to a vertical surface, freeing up the need to hold the phone.
At $199 USD there’s not a lot of budget for this to be a high end device. It will definitely be interesting to see how this device develops. If you want to back the phone or find out more about Project CSX follow the links below.