With the school holidays in full flow here in Australia, there’s some bored children around. Google has this morning released a new app for Android and iOS called Toontastic 3D which should entertain them for hours on end.
Toontastic 3D lets your kids ‘draw, animate and narrate their own adventures, news stories, school reports, and anything else they might dream up’. The app lets you create a narrative in different parts, separating out the different parts of the story into modules in 3 or 5 parts (or you can add more), with different options for a short story with a beginning, middle and end or into a more classic story or, a science report.
Toontastic is loaded with a bunch of pre-made settings, and characters or you can choose to create your own using the in-app graphics editor. Once you’re happy with your setting and character you can then control them in that environment, narrating the story as you go. Once you’re finished animating your story, the app will then render it and output it for you to share, complete with a credit roll.
The complete list of features includes:
• A giant toy box chock full of swashbuckling pirates, transforming robots, nefarious villains, and many more characters and settings to spark kids’ imaginations
• Design your own characters with 3D drawing tools
• Add yourself to your adventures with photos and custom colored characters
• Mix your soundtrack with dozens of built-in songs
• Choose from three Story Arcs for digital storytelling (Short Story, Classic, & Science Report)
• Export videos to your Photos library to share with family and friends
• An idea lab chock full of playful stories, characters and settings to inspire new adventures
If you want to give it a go, it’s now available free on Google Play or the Apple app store so check it out.