In the lead-up to the Galaxy S8 range’s arrival in Australia in the next couple of weeks, Samsung has set up a Galaxy Studio experience at Westfield Parramatta where visitors can be amongst the first in the world to experience the new handsets. For those who’ve seen Samsung’s stand at Mobile World Congress, there’s a number of similarities — experience zones where people can play with the phones themselves, experience some VR and more.
Samsung Australia’s Richard Fink said of the new Galaxy Studio:
“This is the first time Samsung has given Australians this kind of access to immersive experiences that are built around our latest mobile innovation. People can now have hands on experience with our new Galaxy S8 and S8+ smartphones, as well as virtual reality and wearable technology.”
The Galaxy Studio at Westfield Parramatta opens today, 12 April, and will be open for the next 24 days with a team of 26 Samsung stuff on hand to ensure visitors get to know everything about the new technology. Visitors can enjoy the following experiences:
- Gear VR ‘4D’ Virtual Reality Theater – Designed to transport people to a new world through a ‘4D’ cinema experience utilising Samsung Gear VR virtual reality. It will be the first time in Australia that this experience has been showcased by Samsung.
- Gear 360 Snowstorm – Visitors can capture unique 360 degree video with the Gear 360 in a simulated snow experience. Positioned in the middle of a ‘snow’ blizzard, visitors can capture content as they move around the zone.
- Watercolour selfies – Take a selfie with the new Galaxy S8 or S8+ smartphone and dip it in water to see it transformed into a liquid animation. At the zone, guests can choose to add one of four filters to their selfie that mimics the style of a beautiful watercolour painting.
- Fitness challenge – Using the Gear S3 smartwatch, guests can try out either a virtual swimming or tennis experience. Sensors track the participant’s heart rate and motion and then customises the exercises to encourage more movement.
- Digital display – Learn more about the ecosystem of Galaxy devices with an interactive table experience. As guests place devices on the interactive table, different prompts will be displayed, that when selected, showcase key features of the devices.
Let us know if you head to Parramatta Westfield to take a look. You may just spot one of us there too.