Budget phones are getting very good these days and the latest to join their ranks will be the LG K8 which arrives in Australia next week.
The handset is currently showing up on the LG Australia website where it shows a decent line up of specs aimed at pleasing smartphone users of all ages. The phone specs are headlined by a 13MP rear camera and 5MP front-facing camera on a phone that will sell for $249. The K8 will also come with a bright 720P 5.0″ HD display with 2.5D arc glass for a smooth finish on the front.
Under the hood, the K8 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 (MSM8917) processor with 1.5GB of RAM and 16GB of storage with a microSD card slot. Full specs include:
- 5.0” (HD 720 x 1280) Display
- Snapdragon 425 (MSM8917) (1.4GHz / Quad Core)
- 1.5GB RAM
- 16GB onboard storage with microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash (f/2.2 aperture) and 5MP front-facing camera
- Nano SIM
- 2G GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5,(850),7(2600), 8(900), 28(700) – APAC
- Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 2500mAH, Li-ion (removable) battery
- 144.8 x 72.1 x 8.1 mm @ 147 grams
The K8 will be arriving in JB Hifi next week in ‘Titanium’ colouring for $249, we’ll be checking in next week when stock arrives.