Its that time of the year when Sydney lights up in an explosion of colourful light projections, light installations and music, all coming together to make Vivid Sydney a visual and auditory spectacle you can’t miss.
As with previous years, the NSW Government along with Destination NSW and the Sydney City Council, the Vivid Sydney app has been re-launched with updates for 2017.
Destination NSW has said that the new Vivid Sydney 2017 app has been entirely re-designed with the users experience, a crucial par of the update. Users will now find the app easier to navigate while also enabling them to select from an array of filter options to easily find Light, Music and Idea events which interest them.
Features of the re-designed app include:
- An updated user experience,
- A map of the event precincts, which provides you information on nearby Vivid Sydney light installations, music and ideas events,
- The ability to events to your calendar with one simple touch,
- The ability to save your favourite Vivid Sydney light installations, events, precincts & speakers a across multiple devices
- Event ticket integration so users can purchase Vivid Sydney 2017 tickets right through the app, and
- In another first, Vivid Sydney 2017 will also offer audio files via its app and website, which provide an audio description of each light installation and key venue.
Destination NSW Chief Executive Officer and Executive Producer of Vivid Sydney, Sandra Chipchase, has said that
Vivid Sydney 2017 will be bigger, bolder and brighter than ever before, and we’re making sure the digital experience for our visitors is as well. We know how important digital technology is to people’s lives, and we encourage all visitors to Vivid Sydney to share their images and experiences on their digital platforms.
At its core, Vivid Sydney is about embracing new technologies, and our digital offering must reflect that.
Snapchat is also getting involved with the photo social sharing app offering a specially designed lens – an animated graphic which can be overlayed on a user’s face to augment the image. The exclusive Vivid Sydney lens, inspired by the animated Vivid Sydney ribbon graphic, will see neon patterns layered over the face of the person in the picture.
Snapchat Geofilters will also available for users to place over their photo’s in the Snapchat app; providing a fun way for visitors to share where they are by adding a location overlay to their Snap. The Geofilters will only be available for users to use when they are in the within one of the five (5) exclusively reserved geographic precincts which include Circular Quay, Taronga Zoo, Tumbalong Park, Kings Cross and the Museum of Contemporary Arts (MCA) throughout the festival.
The Vivid Sydney app is free to download from both the Apple app Store and Google Play (via the link below) for free.