If you have a 6″ phone hole in your life you’ll be able to fill it quite economically next month with the Alcatel A3 XL heading to Vodafone.
The phone will be made available at under $200 – so think around the $199 price point – making it incredible value for such a large screen device that also comes with a fingerprint sensor on the rear – possibly one of the cheapest devices so far in Australia.
But it’s not all just screen, it comes with some pretty decent features under that over-sized 6″ HD resolution screen, with a 1.1GHz Quad-Core Mediatek processor, 1GB RAM and 8GB of on-board storage with microSD card slot offering options for cards up to 32GB. It’s no slouch on the camera either with an 8MP Auto focus sensor and flash on the rear and a 5MP Front-facing camera with flash on the front.
- 6″ HD (1280 X 720) resolution IPS FL display
- 1.1GHz Quad-Core MT8735B SoC
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB on-board storage (3.8GB end user) with microSD card up to 32GB
- 8MP Auto focus, Rear Camera with Flash and 4x Digital Zoom, HDR + 5MP Front-facing camera with Flash.
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth 4.2
- Dual SIM
- LTE B1/3/7/8/20/28a (for EU)
- Fingerprint Sensor, G-sensor, Proximity, Light sensor
- 3000mAh battery
- Android Nougat
- 165 X 82.5 X 7.9mm @ 159grams
With a 3,000 mAh battery, and a lower HD resolution display, this phone could in theory run all day with no recharging. It’s also got Android 7.0 (Nougat) on board, so the latest Doze improvements are baked in to help when it’s not in use as well.
The inclusion of speakers enhanced by Arkamys should provide a superb sound experience – but it’s not just got great hardware, it’s also pretty with colorful frames and textured covers making it a visually pleasing design.
We’ll be trying to get our hands on the A3 XL for a review, but this is shaping up to be a heck of a handset.