I purchased The Flight Tracker app by Impala Studios only a few weeks ago and it’s already paid for itself by letting me know about fog delays long before Jetstar told me.
I used FlightTrack Pro by Mobiata for many years to keep track of upcoming flights taken by myself and my family. It was a great reliable app that I used around the world but unfortunately it doesn’t exist anymore as the company shutdown in early 2017.
The Flight Tracker has had a few initial hiccups which are to be expected with a new app, however the developers have fixed them quickly.
Some of the many included features in the Flight Tracker App are as follows:
- Track every flight at every airport in the world – in real-time, see maps of the airport terminals and the weather there
- The who / what / where / when of all flights are constantly updated. Terminal and gate changes, delays, arrivals and departures, seating charts
- Show the flight board of any airport in the world – instantly
- No advertising anywhere in the app
- Free access to flight seat maps
- Free, lifetime access to flight, airport and weather data services
One feature I’d really like to be added is a home-screen widget to show the Status of my next few upcoming 2 or 3 flights without having to open the app.
How do you prefer to track your flights?