It’s T-30 ish days and counting (thanks international date line) until the expected launch of the Galaxy Note 8 in New York. More details on the new device continue to leak out, this time it’s a set of complete renders seemingly sourced from a 3rd party case manufacturer showing off the Galaxy Note 8 from all angles, and it has a few of those.
As with previous leaks and renders it seems we’re looking at a device with:
- 6.3-inch 18.5:9 AMOLED infinity display,
- Curved glass front and rear
- Dual rear cameras
- Rear fingerprint sensor
- Front Iris scanner
- Bixby Button
- USB Type C
- Headphones jack (like there should be)
- Exynos 8895 or Snapdragon 835 processor
- Apparent 6GB RAM
- 3300mAh non removable battery (smaller than last year’s Note 7 and this year’s Galaxy S8)
Most of these specs aren’t “confirmed” however most of them are also safe bets but the requisite grain of salt should be taken. It does seem that Samsung is going to be “playing it safe” with the Note 8 following last years unfortunate events, and that’s OK. Perhaps this year the Note 8 will be more of a Galaxy S8+ S-Pen edition rather than something that pushes the boundaries.