The Google Home preview program that first surfaced a fortnight ago has now begun appearing for owners giving them the chance to see the future of Google Home before the masses.
Joining the preview program will give users ‘access to new features before they’re released broadly’. The firmware being tested is as close to final as possible, so you should have a fairly stable experience overall.
Joining the program is fairly simple:
- From your phone or tablet, open the Google Home app .
- In the upper right corner of the home screen, tap Devices to see your available Chromecast and Google Home devices.
- Scroll to find the device card for the device you’d like to enroll in the Preview Program.
- In the top right corner of the device card, tap the device card menu .
- Tap Settings > Preview Program. If you don’t see Preview Program, we aren’t accepting new members at this time. Please continue to check back as opportunities become available.
- Choose whether to receive email notifications by moving the slider to the right or left. Note: We recommend allowing email notifications so you’ll know when new updates are pushed to your device.
- If you opt-in to email notifications, you’ll be asked to sign into your Google account if you haven’t already.
- Review the contents of that page, and tap Join Program.
- Review the contents of the page, then tap OK, GOT IT.
The program can be left at any time by simply repeating the steps and selecting ‘Leave the Program’.
At this stage, there’s no new firmware being sent out, nor any email received outlining an update but if you want to live on the bleeding edge when it comes to Home then you can join the preview program now.