Chris Lacy has unveiled the latest version of Action Launcher (v27) this morning offering a bunch of new features (and stability fixes).
The update includes a bunch of new features including customistation options to change colours and tints using Quicktheme. The full change log for V27 includes:
• NEW: Weather widget (Alpha). Requires Android 6.0 or later.
• NEW: Adjust the color of the App Shortcuts panels via Quicktheme.
• NEW: App Shortcuts, Shutters and Covers can be tinted with the highlight color of the controlling icon via Quicktheme. Allows for Twitter’s App Shortcuts panel to by light blue, WhatsApp’s to be green, etc.
• NEW: Ability to adjust the transparency of the All Apps page, search box, folders, Shutters and more via Quicktheme.
• NEW: Quickbar (aka the custom Google Search bar) can be placed as a standalone widget anywhere on your layout.
• NEW: Revamped Quickbar icon picker, and the number of icons available for Quickbar customization has increased from ~200 to ~950.
• NEW: Option to disable widget padding (Settings -> Desktop -> Advanced -> Widget padding).
• IMPROVEMENT: Fixed a nasty memory leak related to the animated clock icon that was causing excessive battery drain and general performance issues.
• FIX: Misc. stability fixes.
The big change (for me at least) is the inclusion of a weather widget similar to what we’ve seen on Pixel Launcher which can sit opposite the Pill search widget. It’s compact and completes the look of the Pixel launcher for me. The custom search bar widgets can also be placed anywhere on your home screen.
The app update is rolling out now through Google Play, if you want to check it out you can head over to Google Play now.