After opening up submissions for the 2017 Indie Games Fest in July, Google has today announced the finalists.
There are 20 finalists in total vying for the top prizes on offer with three winners to be announced at an event in San Francisco on September 23rd. The judging panel include Googlers, as well as YouTube Creator Alex the Gamerette, Co-founder & CEO of Nix Hydra, Lina Chen, Emily Greer, the CEO of Kongregate and Dean Takahashi, Lead Writer for GamesBeat.
Games in the Indie Games Fest are from US and Canadian developers. Unfortunately Google has not announced any Australian Indie Games festivals, but we can hope for the future.
We’ll be checking in on September 23rd to find out the winners, but you can check out most of the games in the running here:
- 7 Pin Pool by SPG Inc
- Age of Rivals by Roboto Games
- Beast Brawlers: PvP Arena by V2 Games Inc.
- Brave Hand by Heart Shaped Games (Game not released yet)
- Covens by Raincrow Studios, LLC
- Crashy Cars by Pixelbizarre
- Dokudo by Sense of Wonder
- Flipping Legend by Hiding Spot
- Gladiator Rising by Happii Gamer Studio
- Jigsaw Story by Happy Square Studio Inc.
- Loteria Latin Bingo by Gorilla Bean Games
- Maruta Escape by Busan Sanai Games (Game not released yet)
- NoStranger by Black Vein Productions
- Slayaway Camp by Blue Wizard Digital
- Space Tunnel by Spacewave Studios
- Splitter Critters by RAC7
- Star Vikings Forever by Akupara Games
- Storm Wars by Zom.bio
- Tiny Bubbles by Pine Street Codeworks (Game not released yet)
- Topsoil by Nico Prins