After a short delay, Actions on Google has finally arrived in Australia today bringing apps to the Google Assistant.
With the arrival of Actions on Google in Australia, developers can now begin building apps for Google Assistant, which of course means you can now access a load of neat new apps. Finding apps for Google Assistant is easy, simply open the Google Home app and tap ‘Explore’:
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the top left corner of the Home screen, tap Menu .
- Verify that the Google Account that is listed is the Google Account you linked to Google Home. To switch accounts, tap the triangle to the right of the account name.
- Tap Explore .
- Scroll through the list of apps for the Assistant. When you see one you like, tap the card.
- Read about the service and a sample list of things to ask.
Australian developers are of course encouraged to build and distribute their apps for Actions on Google. There’s a good number of developer tools and loads of documentation to help. There are a number of Google Apps for Assistant being developed by Australians, including an AFL app from one of our readers we’ll be checking out.