Just in time for Christmas, our favourite messaging app, Telegram, has updated with a few minor, yet helpful updates.
It’s not quite a big enough update to warrant a blog post, but Telegram has sent out notifications to users in chats, and the What’s New section of the Play Store has been updated with all the new features. So, what’s in this update? The change log looks like this:
New in version 4.6:
– New granular settings for auto-downloading media.
– Link previews for Instagram posts and tweets with multiple photos will now show all the media as an album.
– Embeddable HTML-widget for messages in public channels and groups (available when viewing t.me links to messages in web-browsers).
– Added support for albums to Secret Chats.
– Added full support for MTProto 2.0.
The updates very much build on the previous update in v4.5 which brought albums to Telegram, compacting all those pictures into a neat album. It now works for previews of social media posts from Twitter and Instagram that include multiple photos which is handy – and in secret chats (if you use them). You also get better controls for media downloads.
MTProto 2.0 support is in there as well, and if you read through Telegrams documentation on this (and your eyes don’t glaze over), it appears to be their new protocol for connecting with mobile clients from multiple sources – basically their web/desktop clients. Basically their housekeeping.
All of this is available in the latest update to Telegram which is available now through Google Play. Head over and ensure you’re up to date.