It seems that Telstra added a new Signature series phone to their lineup with the Signature 2 showing on their website.
This is the third Signature branded phone that Telstra has launched since they launched the Signature Premium back in April last year. Like the Signature Premium and Signature Enhanced, the Signature 2 is a rebadged phone, this time from LG – more precisely it’s an LG K10.
The phone isn’t a high-end model, rather it’s a comfortably low to mid-range device with middle of the road specs that include a 5.3″ HD resolution display, MediaTek Octa-Core processor with 1GB RAM, 16GB of on-board storage (with microSD card slot) and 13 MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture and an 8MP front-facing camera.
Full specs include:
- 5.3″ IPS LCD HD (1280×720) resolution Display
- 1.5GHz Mediatek Octa-Core MT6750 SoC
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB on-board storage with microSD card slot up to 2TB
- 13 MP rear camera with f/2.2, autofocus and LED flash
- 5MP front camera
- Wi-Fi, Telstra specs say no Bluetooth, but we beg to differ
- 3G network: 850/ 2100/ 900/ 1900 MHz
- 4G network FDD: 700/ 900/ 1800/ 2100/ 2600 MHz
- Android 7.0(Nougat)
- 2800 mAh battery
- 148.7×75.29×7.99 mm @ 142grams
The phone comes running Android 7.0 Nougat which we’re going to assume comes with some version of LGUX. There’s always a possibiilty that the phone will get an Oreo update, but we’ll have to wait for an official announcement.
The Signature 2 is also covered by the Telsta Screen Guarantee which says:
Telstra Screen Replacement Guarantee
If you accidentally break the screen within the first 24 months of purchase, you are covered for one free screen replacement
If you would like to check out the
LG K10Telstra Signature 2 it’s available on a variety of plans over on the Telstra website.