After announcing the tablet back in October, Samsung Australia have today announced the Galaxy Tab Active 2 is now available to purchase from selected suppliers.
The tablet is a mil-spec (MIL-STD-810G) built tablet which includes IP68 dust/waterproof rating that’s aimed as a business focused device. The tablet includes S Pen integration that has newly included Air Command tasks, and the S Pen has been finely tuned with 4096 levels of sensitivity.
The Galaxy Tab Active 2 is an 8″ tablet making it the perfect companion for the road warrior or those in a more challenging environment. Powered by an Exynos processor, you get 3GB of RAM and 16GB of storage which is complemented by a microSD card slot. An 8MP rear camera and 5MP front camera is included, and the tablet comes with a 4,450mAh battery.
- 8.0” WXGA TFT (1280×800)
- Samsung Exynos 7870 (Octa-core 1.6GHz)
- LTE Cat.6 (300Mbps)
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB onboard storage with microSD up to 256GB
- 8.0MP AF rear camera + 5.0MP front camera
- USB 2.0 Type C, Pogo Pin
- Accelerometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- IP68 Water and Dust Resistance, 1.2m Anti-shock with inbox protective cover, MIL-STD-810G
- S Pen (IP68 Certified, 4096 Pressure Level, Air Command)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz+5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, BT 4.2, NFC, GPS + GLONASS
- Android 7.1
- 4,450mAh, User Replaceable
- 127.6 x 214.7 x 9.9mm, 415g (Wi-Fi) / 419g (LTE)
The tablet comes in Black only, with the Wi-Fi model priced at $699, but an LTE model is available for $849 through selected ‘IT Distributors’ including Synnex, Ingram Micro, Dicker Data, and Worlds Best Technology.