Pennytel has been around in Australia for many years, and today exists as a mobile provider offering affordable plans on Telstra’s network. They’re making a pitch for new customers with full page advertisements in regional papers at the moment, offering new customers a month’s free service to try them out.
Pennytel lists a number of benefits to their service, most of which aren’t unique to the company, but brought together make for a promising offer:
- Port your number in and simply switch your SIM
- Free SIM delivery nation-wide
- Coverage across 98.8% of Australia – though their ads don’t clearly identify as much, this is offered using Telstra’s Wholesale 3G/4G network
- No lock in contracts or exit fees – stay connected and pay, leave whenever you like
The free month offer is available on Pennytel’s $20 and $30 plans:
All Pennytel plans offers unlimited calls, SMS and MMS, with 2GB of data on the $20 plan, and 5GB of data on the $30. For those wanting greater inclusions, they are available, but sadly not on the free month offer:
- $40 per month gets you 9GB of monthly data
- $50 gets you 15GB data
To take advantage of the free offer, you need to head to Pennytel’s website and sign-up before 30 April 2018, so you’ve got a couple of weeks. Better yet, you and your partner or housemate can try out the service, as there is a limit of two free trial services per household.
If you’re looking for a new mobile service, or you’re sick of your carrier, Pennytel is worth a look. They’re promising a quality network, backed by Telstra, phone-based customer service rather than forcing people online, and no-strings-attached service. Sounds alright to me.