After arriving at retailers last month, Sony’s Xperia XA2 has headed to Telstra where it’s now available on a 24 month contract.
Billed by Sony as the Ultimate Selfie Smartphone, John Featherstone, Managing Director of Sony Mobile Oceania said, “We are delighted to bring the Xperia XA2 to Telstra customers as a super mid-range option that still packs Sony Mobile’s exceptional Xperia camera technology and performance specs in a sleek design.”
The Xperia XA2 is available at Telstra in black on a $59 Go Mobile Plus plan with $10 handset payment for 24 months. Min cost $1,656 AUD. While the Xperia XA2 is available in a full array of colours, including a gorgeous Pink, as well as Silver, Blue and Black from Sony Kiosks, it appears that Telstra will only be offering the phone in Black.
Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of on-board storage, the Xperia XA2 features both an 8MP sensor with super wide-angle lens on the front, and a 23MP sensor with 84° wide-angle lens on the rear.
Full specs include:
- 5.2″ full HD 1080p Display
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 630 Mobile Platform
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB eMMC internal memory with microSDXC support (up to 256GB)
- Main camera: 23MP, 84° wide-angle F2.0 lens, 1/2.3” Exmor RS™ for mobile image sensor and 120fps slow-motion video recording
- Front camera: 8MP super wide-angle lens F2.4, 1/4″ Exmor R for mobile™ for mobile image sensor
- A-GNSS (GPS + GLONASS), WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0 and NFC
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- 3300 mAh with Qnovo Adaptive Charging (support for Quick Charge 3.0)
- 142 x 70 x 9.7mm @ 171 grams
I checked out the Xperia XA2 earlier this month and found it to be a decent mid-range phone, though the camera does tend to have a few noise issues in low light, and there are definitely issues with the speed of the camera. You can read all of the review here.
If you’re interested in picking up the Sony Xperia XA2 from Telstra head over to their website at tel.st/xa2.